Haunted Wood no one likes a beggar slightly overdressed
gods ain’t gonna help you, son
11 Posts
Ooc — Alex
It wasn’t until he’d stepped on one that he noticed the insects. The husks of the dead locusts were scattered throughout the desolated landscape, enough to give plenty of context to what the hell happened here. Great. The dry thought pierced through the string of song he had in mind, setting his jaw in a frustrated line. He’d wandered all this way into some kind of plague? Swarms of bugs like this brought nothing but bad. They were as brutal as wildfire to places like this, and that would only make it more difficult to live. And Cash, he doesn’t really like going hungry, despite how much he tended to end up that way.

For a moment his steps lapse, slow, cautious. He could turn around, leave. He’d gone through areas that weren’t desolated back the way he came that it’d most likely be fine. But… something about the northwest, he wondered how far he could go before he hit the edge of the world. With all the green eaten away from the forest and the bugs’ corpses littering the ground, it certainly felt like he was getting close to it.

This concern had distracted him from his distractions, drawing him back to the present enough to notice the sounds of footsteps plodding towards him through the soggy ground. Interesting; he hasn’t run into someone in a while. Ready to deal with the situation, be it peaceable or not, he stops and turns to face the oncoming approacher.

Cash is usually able to perfectly compose himself, but he can’t help but raise an eyebrow at this wolf. At first the red-stained muzzle and face was alarming, especially once he noticed the one dark eye, but her composure and the fact that he didn’t smell blood meant he shouldn’t be worried. Instead, he’s merely interested.

“My.” Cash’s voice is deep, dry, with a slight twang customary to a place very far away. A light smile settles on his lips; one of his bottom canine teeth is chipped noticeably. “Either I’m mistaken and you’ve been dreadfully hurt, or this is some new fashion statement I’m just not aware of.”
NOTICE: due to school, i will be incredibly scarce
if you want to wrap up a thread due to time, please PM me
Messages In This Thread
no one likes a beggar slightly overdressed - by Cash - May 02, 2016, 07:17 PM
RE: no one likes a beggar slightly overdressed - by Cash - May 02, 2016, 11:10 PM