Sea Lion Shores i am the instrument of joy
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Would like to bump to present, if that's okay?

Those ravenous little creatures had eaten up damn near every green thing for as far as the dark wolf's eyes could see. The mountain was bare of it's usual lush forests found this time of year, as well as the valley's that neighbored his home. They had moved on rather quickly, but had left nothing in their path. There was nothing left for their prey to feast upon here, and it seemed that every species of large game had left the area. Steady, knowing the pups would come first, set out to find food for them. 

But, he didn't feel comfortable going too far from home, so he visited the shoreline. His eyes caught movement of another wolf and birds flying overhead, while the winds graciously alerted him to meat. He didn't know what it was, knew he himself hadn't killed it, and therefore it didn't belong to him, but in times like these, it was every wolf for himself. 

Steady was a generally kind wolf, unless it came to protecting his family. Right now, he had to see his nieces and nephews were fed, and it just might be at the expense of this wolf. Hackles raised, and a growl releasing from his throat, Steady pushed off with his back legs towards the loner. His eyes quickly scanned the surrounding area, not seeing any other wolves that might object to him stealing this meal. 

He came upon him quickly, but instead of straight out attacking the other male, Steady latched on to the other end of the carcass, growling ferociously as he tried to rip the dead animal out of the stranger's jaws. Steady put his muscles behind it, knowing he was strong. The other male looked tall, but Steady's training and abilities gave him the confidence that he would win, especially knowing he had no qualms about flat out attacking his opponent.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Messages In This Thread
i am the instrument of joy - by Rexxar - April 24, 2016, 08:18 PM
RE: i am the instrument of joy - by Steady - May 04, 2016, 09:34 PM
RE: i am the instrument of joy - by Gaia - May 05, 2016, 07:31 AM
RE: i am the instrument of joy - by Sangilak - May 05, 2016, 10:21 AM
RE: i am the instrument of joy - by Rexxar - May 05, 2016, 04:16 PM
RE: i am the instrument of joy - by Steady - May 06, 2016, 07:21 AM
RE: i am the instrument of joy - by Gaia - May 11, 2016, 06:54 AM
RE: i am the instrument of joy - by Sangilak - May 25, 2016, 09:18 AM
RE: i am the instrument of joy - by Rexxar - June 01, 2016, 05:06 PM
RE: i am the instrument of joy - by Gaia - June 07, 2016, 07:50 AM