Two Rivers Isle a proper story
gods ain’t gonna help you, son
11 Posts
Ooc — Alex
Cash lived in a moment. This moment was peaceful. The world around them was nothin’ but dust and bare bark, but at least the water still had its clarity and the fish still had their lives. Thinking about nothing but the here and now allowed him to act in the way that he did; he seemed carefree and nonchalant because he didn’t hold onto any worries or concerns, easy as that. But the one little issue with the way Cash lived his life was, the moment that the chips were down and things started to get dire, he could change for the worst in an instant. People didn’t usually see it coming; that chipped-tooth smile seemed so genuine in its geniality. Because it was… until the second that it wasn’t.

He doesn’t feel any kind of tension here, though. He could go for something to eat, sure, but he’s not outright starving yet. He’s better off staving away boredom by giving this girl a few tips on how best to sort fish out of their natural habitat. He wouldn’t say his advice was the best in the world, but he was interested to see how it was used; he sat back a little and watched her give the osprey’s game another sporting try.

Her head darts into the water, and Cash’s brows lift considerably when he sees her return with something shining and writhing clasped between her jaws. Not strongly enough, though, it seems. The fish manages to give her the slip, falling back into the water before disappearing. He’s still and silent for a moment, stunned, before a low grumble sounds from his chest. It crescendos a bit, resolving into what can be discerned as a gravely chuckle. After a moment his jaws part and it becomes a full laugh.

“Don’t know who was more surprised,” he says, casting her a look with a crooked smile and amused eyes, “you or the fish.” He chuckles again. “I guess I managed to neglect mentionin’ the most important part: once you got it, you bite down.” It was dry, sure, but the humor was there. Honestly, he hadn’t expected her to actually catch one of the damn things, though people could surprise you sometimes. It’s just too bad they didn’t have anything to show for it.
NOTICE: due to school, i will be incredibly scarce
if you want to wrap up a thread due to time, please PM me
Messages In This Thread
a proper story - by Cypher - May 02, 2016, 11:39 PM
RE: a proper story - by Cash - May 02, 2016, 11:54 PM
RE: a proper story - by Cypher - May 03, 2016, 12:41 AM
RE: a proper story - by Cash - May 03, 2016, 01:12 AM
RE: a proper story - by Cypher - May 04, 2016, 09:46 PM
RE: a proper story - by Cash - May 10, 2016, 02:42 AM
RE: a proper story - by Cypher - May 25, 2016, 07:55 PM