Heron Lake Plateau when you told me i didn't give you enough
780 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Ranger
The atmosphere between them had changed after their encounter with Casmir. Floki had attempted to continue the light-hearted banter that had been a staple of their trip, but he could tell Aria was troubled. Eventually, he stopped trying, and they had fallen into a companionable yet uncomfortable silence. The young Beta replayed the incident in his mind, thinking about the expression on Aria's face when she first saw Casmir and trying to figure out why it bothered him so much.

The miles slipped away, and he hardly noticed their surroundings for the latter part of their journey. It all looked the same, anyway -- no grass, no leaves, no flowers. Only when Aria suddenly came to a halt did Floki glance up, his brow furrowed in mild confusion as she abruptly sat down and proclaimed that they had reached the end of the line.

He hesitated before answering. "Yeah, you're probably right. We haven't found anything," he replied. Except for Casmir, he thought bitterly, but the statement startled him and he shooed it away quickly. "Should we turn back towards home?" It would take some time to make their way back to Great Bear Wilderness, but his paws and his soul were growing weary; although he hated to think that he would disappoint Charon and Amekaze with his lack of news.
Messages In This Thread
when you told me i didn't give you enough - by Aria - May 12, 2016, 07:21 PM
RE: when you told me i didn't give you enough - by Floki - May 12, 2016, 07:43 PM