Heron Lake Plateau when you told me i didn't give you enough
780 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Ranger
She accepted his comfort and he was encouraged, but there was another swift change at the mention of Casmir. Her tone sharpened and his ears fell back slightly, simultaneously relieved and frustrated. If Casmir wasn't the problem, then what was?

When she went on, he tilted his head to one side, regarding her with a bemused look as he tried to understand her words. She spoke of failing her pack, her Alpha in particular, and he opened his mouth to ask why but was cut off as she collected herself and attempted to give a better explanation. Gradually, he began to understand that she was upset about the damage done by the locusts; they had been so hopeful that they would find greenery and prey that she was devastated to have to return to Donnelaith without any good news.

But he was still puzzled. "It will be okay, Aria -- it's not your fault. It's not like you ate up all the grass yourself," he said, making a poor effort to joke. "I'll have to tell my Alphas the exact same thing. It's not ideal, but it's still important information that will help them decide what we need to do." The last thing he wanted was for his pack to leave Moonspear, but if it came down to it, he would.
Messages In This Thread
when you told me i didn't give you enough - by Aria - May 12, 2016, 07:21 PM
RE: when you told me i didn't give you enough - by Floki - May 12, 2016, 08:10 PM