Cedar Sweep put the pieces back together my way
21 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
With a great earthen groan a segment of stone was pried up, and the beast directed his nose down beneath it. There were a few meager bugs - a worm which he hastily lipped and slurped up like spaghetti - but it would not be enough. A bear such as himself could not subsist on bugs alone. As he palmed the chunk of shale and watched it flatten back upon the earth, Mortar wondered about the others. He was first to wake, but surely not the only one? There had been no sign of any other ursine in the area, not for miles, and it worried him. Perhaps he had woken early.

With a grunt he began to move again. Though his pace was slow, his gait was sweeping; he crawled diligently onward between the cedars until a sound caught his attention, and the bear lifted his broad head, glancing around for the origin of the soft sounds. His tiny ears were not so advanced like the wolf. His reactions were not so quick, like the deer. Yet he did see her - a flash of reddish fur coasting along through the sparse forest - and the bear's nose sucked in a wet breath of air. Beady eyes sought to follow the wolf and then, burdened by his hunger, Mortar began to follow after them.
Messages In This Thread
put the pieces back together my way - by Mortar - May 11, 2016, 09:47 PM
RE: put the pieces back together my way - by Giana - May 12, 2016, 09:14 AM
RE: put the pieces back together my way - by Mortar - May 15, 2016, 12:37 PM
RE: put the pieces back together my way - by Giana - May 15, 2016, 04:26 PM
RE: put the pieces back together my way - by Mortar - May 22, 2016, 12:58 AM
RE: put the pieces back together my way - by Giana - May 25, 2016, 07:31 AM
RE: put the pieces back together my way - by Mortar - May 29, 2016, 07:31 PM
RE: put the pieces back together my way - by Giana - May 30, 2016, 10:37 AM