Phoenix Maplewood and it's all fun and games, 'til somebody falls in love
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
Even roll, the bear shows interest in the three of them... odd, it leaves. 20 and it tries to attack?? Result: 1

She could hear only the sounds of her own breathing, and the sound of the bear tearing into the rabbit's flesh; the crunch of its bones. Magpie was a wolf, and took lives of prey like this without much thought. But knowing it was a bear making the sound, a wet ripping noise that might next be her body, made the black-and-white woman sick. Her stomach churned as she gasped to catch her breath, as she strained to reposition herself. Her heart felt like it was completing somersaults in the cavity of her chest.

Magpie didn't notice the presence of the male, nor would she have recognized him for who he was if she had.

But a panic rose anew in the woman as the fiery visage of her niece was suddenly thrust in hers, and she whined through her gulping breaths. It was evening out, now, as her diaphragm regained its natural rhythm... but there was a pain in her ribs if she inhaled to deeply, and she quietly prayed that the break would not pierce a lung. In the chaos of the situation, she hadn't noticed the long gash in her left haunch-- down the leg-- that would certainly complicate their escape.

"Run," she pleaded of her niece. Whatever strain had developed between them, it was forgotten now; Fox would never forgive her, and she would never forgive herself, if anything were to happen to Wildfire.
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!