Totoka River Old faces
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady had closed his eyes momentarily as the wind rushed over him. Any other time, he might have thought it soothing, as if it could heal the wounds of his broken soul. But, no. Nothing could heal him. The rain could wash his pain away, the wind could not carry it away, the once-rich valleys could not absorb it into their soils. But, maybe... Maybe time could mend it to something he once was. Maybe time could give him back the purpose he once had. 

He opened his eyes, and caught a glimpse of moments, his head jerking in the direction of the wolf. It was not someone he had really ever expected to see before. His head tilted, his ears perked, wondering silently why she didn't come closer. His actions before her the last time they had met was less than what Steady had wanted to show, but he hoped that hadn't put her off. 

His lack of confidence that she wanted to see him didn't stop him from standing and walking towards her, a slow, lumbering pace that gave her plenty of time to leave if she wished. He stopped several yards from her, a soft smile pulling at his lips. Hello, Desna, he greeted, ignorant of her name change. He remembered she had been strong in the face of her mother's death, had dealt with it much better than he had. She understood better than he that Scarlett had needed death to release her from her pain.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Messages In This Thread
Old faces - by Steady - May 20, 2016, 11:20 AM
RE: Old faces - by RIP Valette - May 21, 2016, 09:24 AM
RE: Old faces - by Steady - May 21, 2016, 11:31 AM
RE: Old faces - by RIP Valette - May 22, 2016, 03:20 PM
RE: Old faces - by Steady - May 23, 2016, 01:20 PM
RE: Old faces - by RIP Valette - May 23, 2016, 03:46 PM
RE: Old faces - by Steady - May 25, 2016, 09:57 PM
RE: Old faces - by RIP Valette - May 28, 2016, 09:01 AM
RE: Old faces - by Steady - May 28, 2016, 12:37 PM
RE: Old faces - by RIP Valette - June 01, 2016, 04:42 PM
RE: Old faces - by Steady - June 01, 2016, 05:06 PM