Shadewood The stars, they make me wonder so
11 Posts
Ooc —
The It felt like such an honour, more comforting though, to be reunited with her sire; she had certainly admired his leadership of the Hollow alongside her grandmother. Life had been so easy and simple back then, with plentiful numbers of prey and the ease and relaxation of pack life. Memories of her and her band of siblings wrestling in the dust were vivid in her mind as she devoted their brief moment of contact fondly to those moments, yet she didn't fully understand his reasons for leaving. Yes, from what she could recall, his mother had been a vigilant leader, always stoically leading the legion to success. Judging by that, she could understand why he felt the need to break free of her shadow yet she could not compare it to anything she'd ever felt.

His whine was pearcing to her ears and she mumbled an inaudible reply, tail waving behind her as they parted and he took a step backwards. With his scent still ticking her glands, she relaxed onto her haunches and listened intently as he spoke. Pride welled up in her chest as he returned the compliment, yet his words had a compassionate sense of responsibility and expectation threaded throughout and, as much as she wanted to please her family, part of her wanted to curl up and escape the pressurising words of her father. Nodding her head in acknowledgement, she tried not to let her discomfort show through as she opened her maw to reply to his statements.

"I respect that," she continued to hold his gaze as she spoke. His tales of the famine were not new to the maiden; the carnage she had seen proved that; and she had been lucky not to have been around when the horrifying event had occurred. A pang of worry forced its way up into her mind as she thought back to her brother who had departed before her father had. She had not heard from him since that day, nor had he ever returned (not that she had expected him to anyway) yet she still felt the need to cease her panic and ask about his existence. "About Bowie," she started, dipping her gaze as to shield her concern, "Have you seen him? Is he still alive?" But as her father continued to speak, his calm words made the topic of her lost sibling vague and non important.

She greatly admired his imperialistic view, and his want for an alliance; something which Cearney had not considered yet. It certainly would ensure a higher survival rate for the copper girl as taking down larger prey would be a lot easier with a group of canids, yet since there seemed to be little to no larger life around, she didn't see much point in being accepted into a legion at this point in time. "I fear death," she spoke quietly, "Yet I do not wish to dedicate my life for the good of another pack just yet." Quicksilver Hollow had been her dedication since she was a puppy, and although the prospect of losing her life to these Wilds was prominent, she was afraid, for the most part, that they wouldn't compare to her kin. It was an idiotic reason to be afeared, but she continued with little hesitation. "I love you father and and will back up any decisions you choose to make. Nonetheless, am more than grateful that our paths have intertwined once more. I will not turn down your offer, but I don't feel ready for the weight of contributing to pack life to once more be put upon my shoulders for now. Though for the future, I might reconsider it, especially as times are tough these days."
Messages In This Thread
The stars, they make me wonder so - by Cearney - May 24, 2016, 03:44 PM
RE: The stars, they make me wonder so - by Arturo - May 24, 2016, 05:43 PM
RE: The stars, they make me wonder so - by Cearney - May 25, 2016, 11:50 AM
RE: The stars, they make me wonder so - by Arturo - May 25, 2016, 04:07 PM
RE: The stars, they make me wonder so - by Cearney - May 26, 2016, 11:45 AM
RE: The stars, they make me wonder so - by Arturo - May 26, 2016, 03:46 PM
RE: The stars, they make me wonder so - by Cearney - May 27, 2016, 01:42 PM
RE: The stars, they make me wonder so - by Arturo - May 28, 2016, 05:41 AM