Cedar Sweep fall to the knees of the siren
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
The water was cool as he lapped at it, crisp and refreshing. It did little to soothe the always present rumble of hunger in his stomach but it soothed his parched throat and washed his palate and the blood that had dribbled from upon the over-creamed coffee coloration of his chin. His head rose slightly and he drew his salmon pink tongue across his jowl to collect the rebellious droplets of water that had collected and spilled. Drinking was never a neat action but Arturo prided himself on his appearance, vain as it could be considered, and did what he could to ensure he was kempt and, at the very least appeared put together. He heard the slosh of approach in the water before he'd seen her appear on the close horizon as if she were the myth of Deirdre reincarnated: an image of beauty that would cause men to go to war for her (like Helen of Troy :0!). Always one for a wandering eye, Arturo took a moment to admire her light grey pelt, delicate and lithe frame accented by the golden rays of the setting sun, his fiery orange-red gaze studying her subtly for a few moments.

β€œIt is,” The melanistic coywolf's lips parted to speak in a murmured concurrence to her observation. She wasn't wrong: the sunset was particularity stunning and it had been some time since Arturo had taken a moment's pause to appreciate it's beauty. She did not strike him as particularly shy but this was not something that the gangster minded. Her name followed her observation. Althaia. The use of the word sir told Arturo that she had manners β€” something that the gangster had always capitalized on. Immediately, the Fearghal monarch warmed ever so slightly towards her, though he remained stoic as she continued to speak, offering her his rapt attention, however, by the cup of his ears forth in her direction.

β€œI am Arturo,” He offered his own introduction when she finished. For now, he omitted adding 'Fearghal' to his first name, not because it would have impact but because it didn't seem necessary. At least, not at the moment. If he would have known he was to have such lovely company he would have saved her some of his pathetic rabbit but alas the dapper man had nothing to offer her, not even the knowledge she sought. β€œIs there anything specific you wished to know?” Arturo asked for a clarification in case he could be of some assistance to her. β€œI have to admit that I found these Hinterlands just after the locust swarm that caused this-” He gestured with his muzzle to the skeletal remains of the cedars and barren ground around them. β€œhad departed; but I will attempt to assist you where I can.” Because something didn't sit right with Arturo Fearghal about leaving a lass to the feral and skeletal wilds without sharing what little he did know.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
fall to the knees of the siren - by Arturo - May 21, 2016, 12:41 PM
RE: fall to the knees of the siren - by Althaia - May 27, 2016, 10:16 AM
RE: fall to the knees of the siren - by Arturo - May 28, 2016, 06:12 AM
RE: fall to the knees of the siren - by Althaia - June 07, 2016, 06:32 PM
RE: fall to the knees of the siren - by Arturo - June 12, 2016, 05:50 AM