Duck Lake Show and tell
13 Posts
Ooc — Jake

The area that Qamar had taken Orkan to was stunning! In the time it had taken them to travel the sky had darkened with the onset of a storm, which uplifted Orkan's mood immediately, then they came upon the most beautiful lake he had seen. Groves of white aspens came down to the water's edge and laid faint shadows over the clear suface of the lake. Qamar walked along the cloud darkened shore of the lake, paws treading the shallows and looking for a good place to begin fishing when she stopped and looked into Orkan's eyes he knew that the lesson was going to begin and he paid close attention to what Qamar was doing.

Qamar explained the two different styles of fishing and Orkan felt apprehensive at first, not wanting to look foolish in front of his new friend, but he was grateful that Qamar showed him how to do it, he learned a lot better by watching something being done before he tried it. Qamar's first attempt wasn't succesful but Orkan had the idea, he grinned at Qamar, "Ya hopefully I catch something, we'll share my first catch how about that?". Orkan knew things were probably pretty lean all over this area and wanted to repay Qamar for helping him learn to fish so he thought sharing was the way to go.

Orkan stepped into the cool shallows slightly further down the shore from Qamar, allowed the rippled surface to calm once again. Once the surface had calmed Orkan gently eased his half open maw into the water, desperately not wanting to chase the prey away, there was a brief flash of silver near his muzzle and Orkan surged forward causing a great splash. Orkan stood, dripping water from the base of his neck to his ear tips and trying to smile around the fish he had just caught, he walked back to where Qamar was observing and laid the fish on the ground. "That was great! Thanks for helping me perfect my technique Qamar. So you said that you were going to tell me about your pack and this area. What are things like here?", Orkan grinned, "We can still fish while we talk too this little guy probably won't fill either one of us."
Messages In This Thread
Show and tell - by Qamar - May 26, 2016, 08:58 PM
RE: Show and tell - by Orkan - May 30, 2016, 11:50 PM
RE: Show and tell - by Qamar - May 31, 2016, 12:37 AM
RE: Show and tell - by Orkan - May 31, 2016, 11:33 PM
RE: Show and tell - by Qamar - June 01, 2016, 01:38 AM
RE: Show and tell - by Orkan - June 02, 2016, 10:34 PM
RE: Show and tell - by Qamar - June 03, 2016, 10:23 PM
RE: Show and tell - by Orkan - June 07, 2016, 09:24 PM
RE: Show and tell - by Qamar - June 07, 2016, 10:58 PM
RE: Show and tell - by Orkan - June 12, 2016, 10:04 PM