Duck Lake Show and tell
13 Posts
Ooc — Jake
Orkan felt grateful at Qamar's praise, "Thank you Qamar," Orkan bowed low, "I'd call it have having a good teacher." Orkan winked at the silver female. Orkan listened intently as Qamar explained where her tribe was, glancing at the mountains she had indicated and mentally marking it as someplace he may be accepted. Qamar went on to mention in passing that her old pack didn't work out and Orkan compeletly understood her being reticent about her past, especially having only met him recently. Orkan politely didn't prod any deeper into her history. Qamar began describing this area, called Teekon, and Orkan could almost see the trees and plants lush with life.

"Hopefully it'll be like that again, it sounds so beautiful and it would certainly attract larger prey like a deer! Do you know how long it's been since I've had deer? A very long miserable time.". Orkan sighed miserably, just imagining tearing into a large delicious deer that was all his own was almost as depressing as the locust ravaged land. Orkan shook himself, physically and emotionally, preparing to take his turn after Qamar fished. Orkan felt that now as good a time as any to share his story, or the most important parts anyway. Watching Qamar stalk the shallows he began, "Things didn't work out in my last pack either," Orkan decided he'd glaze over that part first to get past it, "so I made my way out west to get as far away as possible from them. I hope they don't come looking for me and try to take me back, there wasn't really any leaving I was lucky to sneak away.". Even sharing this much was almost too much for Orkan to handle and he kind of let the conversation go quiet, when Qamar slammed her fish against the ground it shook Orkan from his reverie, "That's a good one Qamar! Soon we will have a nice little fish feast here on the shore! Anyway I traveled for several months before arriving here in Teekon," Orkan glanced at Qamar gratefully, "and finding you.".

Orkan readied himself for his go to get another fish, muzzle and neck still dripping from his last succesful attempt. Orkan swayed slightly as he tried to make sense of the dizzying flashes of silver and reflections off the lake surface, suddenly he lunged again and rose again with another fish in his mouth. Orkan's head twitched to the side occasionally from the momentum and force of the fish's tail, until he bit down and ended the delicious morsels life. Orkan laid it with the others and shook the water from his body, "We're going to have quite the feast at the rate we're going."

Messages In This Thread
Show and tell - by Qamar - May 26, 2016, 08:58 PM
RE: Show and tell - by Orkan - May 30, 2016, 11:50 PM
RE: Show and tell - by Qamar - May 31, 2016, 12:37 AM
RE: Show and tell - by Orkan - May 31, 2016, 11:33 PM
RE: Show and tell - by Qamar - June 01, 2016, 01:38 AM
RE: Show and tell - by Orkan - June 02, 2016, 10:34 PM
RE: Show and tell - by Qamar - June 03, 2016, 10:23 PM
RE: Show and tell - by Orkan - June 07, 2016, 09:24 PM
RE: Show and tell - by Qamar - June 07, 2016, 10:58 PM
RE: Show and tell - by Orkan - June 12, 2016, 10:04 PM