King Elk Forest if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail
48 Posts
Ooc — Kris
It would have been a lie had Rexxar said that he had not already had his eye on the creek pack. The creek had sheltered him through the tail of winter and he had found the thick woods comforting, and though it was bare now it was to the creek he had been intent on returning. It was to his surprise to find that the she wolf, whom he had encountered on the coast, had not only beaten him there but must have seen the same potential in the land as he to claim it for her and her own. Perhaps it was simply meant to be; the smokey wolf did not deign to remain a lone wolf, and wished to live by the cool flowing water; now with her offer he could do both.

"Great," he said in a chipper tone, the corners of his grin pulling towards his ears as his eyes were drawn to the stick she guarded. "Name's Rexxar, by the way, I don't think we exchanged such pleasantries last time." Some passerby might think it odd that he should be invited into her pack without knowing his name, or really anything about him at all. But for Rexxar, this was rather customary. She would learn of him as he worked to prove himself worthy of a rank, and if she found him unsatisfactory, no doubt she and her followers would see him off. On this, he did not plan.

"So, any immediate orders? Anything you would like to ask of me or have me know?" The stick had been given to her; and his gaze rose from it to watch as a bird flitted by.