Herbalists' Cache so maybe i’m divine, maybe i’m celestial
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
Though he heard the draw of footfalls near him, Mordecai did not bother to stir. It would have been relatively easy to have been lying in wait like a trap poised to spring. But he also, like others, possessed the ability to differentiate whether the footfalls he heard were prey or predator. These were dainty and light, yet heavy enough to tell him the truth of which side they fell on. And on cue came a voice to match those dainty steps; he groaned mentally. Rest would have to wait, this would require his focus.

Pulling himself up, his solitary gaze opened on her with ease. She would have been hard to miss even against the slow regrowth of the land, stark white and all. "I'm fine," he said, undeterred by the dryness of his own tongue. "Just resting." He was far from expiring, at least for now. Perhaps he was a bit closer than he had been in recent years, but still, Mordecai had grown up with the twisted and bare landscape that had risen. Yet the Wilds, they were a far cry from the vast desert of Sedona.
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
Messages In This Thread
RE: so maybe i’m divine, maybe i’m celestial - by Mordecai - June 13, 2016, 12:49 PM