Raven's Watch and at once i knew i was not magnificent
112 Posts
Ooc — Risa
Cliffs made her nervous.

Cliffs, if nothing else, were not something that Menta was well versed in. For all that she lived in the flats of the mountains, the cream wolf had always spent time away from the jagged posturing of cliffs. She didn't think herself a coward - simply pragmatic, not as stupid as some of her siblings who wanted to dance on the edges and pretend the distance to the ground below didn't make them queasy. What was the point, if you had nothing to prove?

But the birds in this case drew her near -- birds and hunger. The dark ravens surely knew something that she did not, such as where to find even scraps of berries or perhaps even a dead one amongst them (if the latter wasn't too much to hope for.) Menta could see a cluster of them ahead and quickened her pace to see what they were after, even as her paws warned of the increasing untrustworthiness of the rocky ground underneath. It wasn't very long at all before the shape of another creature ahead actually made her mind call out to stop.

He made her more nervous than the ravens or the scene before him, if even only because he was a stranger. The canine was not facing her, looking out beyond to where she was planning on following the now cackling ravens, but she could tell that something was.. off. Menta had seen different wolves come and go - mostly go, chased off for being too close to pack grounds - as she grew up, but their shapes more or less looked the same. The same and therefore a bit different than this male before her.

It only took a moment before she decided to give a soft warning woof from where she stood, more to announce her presence than try and make an aggressive play at his spot. Menta was wary, but generally avoided personal injury if there was no reason for it.
Messages In This Thread
and at once i knew i was not magnificent - by Amoxtli - June 16, 2016, 03:16 PM
RE: and at once i knew i was not magnificent - by Menta - June 16, 2016, 03:35 PM