Two Rivers Isle i knock the ice from my bones
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
It seemed the two Fearghal's had reached a stalemate, neither one wanting to let the other go hungry. The difference, Arturo would argue, was that he had a duty to ensure that she did not go hungry; whereas Devin held no such duty for him. He was her provider — not the other way around. Fiery orange-red gaze studied her apprehensively as she sat back and began to clean the blood from her muzzle, announcing that she was finished. Arturo hesitated,visibly. He had little choice to believe her, in reality. It wasn't as if he could force her to finish eating the groundhog. Besides, she was more like him than he'd ever wanted to admit and in this he knew that she would simply refute his attempts, deflect him. There were times for insubordination and there were times when it wasn't acceptable and in which the gangster would not tolerate it. If he wished to press the issue he could have easily by asserting his dominance, providing the command of a father wouldn't have worked. It was a silly thing to fight over. A trivial thing, even, in normal circumstances. Yet, circumstances had been far from normal since his arrival in the Teekon Wilds.

For a second, Arturo half had the mind to lie to her: to tell her that he was not hungry but it would have been feeble and he held no doubt that Devin would have seen right through him. “Very well,” The melanistic coywolf agreed, eventually, and stepped towards his kill and tore slowly at the flesh, resisting the urge to wolf (heh) the remains Devin had left him down. He did not wish to make himself sick and also did not particularly want Devin to know just how hungry he really was. So hungry he wagered that he could eat a whole moose calf by himself. He ate another bite, as slowly as his first. He regarded Devin once more giving pause long enough to swipe his salmon pink tongue against his chops and ask, “What will you do now?” Before he returned to his meal, ears cupped forth in his pallid daughter's direction to display that he was being attentive.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
i knock the ice from my bones - by Arturo - June 13, 2016, 04:29 PM
RE: i knock the ice from my bones - by Devin - June 14, 2016, 09:32 AM
RE: i knock the ice from my bones - by Arturo - June 14, 2016, 03:28 PM
RE: i knock the ice from my bones - by Devin - June 14, 2016, 04:06 PM
RE: i knock the ice from my bones - by Arturo - June 14, 2016, 05:23 PM
RE: i knock the ice from my bones - by Devin - June 15, 2016, 07:37 AM
RE: i knock the ice from my bones - by Arturo - June 15, 2016, 07:18 PM
RE: i knock the ice from my bones - by Devin - June 16, 2016, 07:15 AM