Herbalists' Cache To build an empire
7 Posts
Ooc — inactive
In offering her full name, Alkiva had indeed been fishing for a compliment- and she was quite pleased when one was received. Though she loved praise, she was not one to shy away from complimenting others, and so, after she'd blushed slightly and had laughed in a bashful way, she replied. "Thank you. You are very kind," She said, gazing at him for a moment, allowing her heart to throb a bit. A die-hard romantic, Alkiva never gave up on the opportunity to charm someone- believing that it would lead her to her soul-mate...Unfortunately, Alkiva was the kind of wolf who could see a soul-mate for herself in just about any wolf, through interactions she would fabricate in her own mind. Already she'd heard tones in his voice he hadn't actually used, saw a tenderness in his gaze that she would remember after their meeting- a tenderness which was also grown from her own imagination. 

She drew closer, slicking her ears back on her head humbly, as one might do when approaching an alpha, to take a closer look at the wound, and could tell then that it was from another wolf. Jealousy and spite riled in her chest, but at the tone of his voice those demons shied away. He spoke of cobweb, and Alkiva was able to expertly mask the disgust she felt at the mention of it. He wanted to use cobwebs in his wound? Nasty spiderwebs? Or was a cobweb actually a type of plant? He mentioned burdock root, and yet again, she had to hide her distaste. She knew what burdocks were, for sure- she hated when they got stuck in her pelt. 

And now came the question, and Alkiva replied without blinking. "I know burdock," She said, not directly answering his question- for in truth, Alkiva knew very little about plants and didn't care to know much about them. But for him, of course, she wanted to be able to know more. In her mind, she began to imagine herself as the type of wolf who could identify plants by their leaves, know where they would grow habitually, and their uses...But the actual facts and information were nowhere to be found in her memory. "I can help you find some," She said, looking up at him with crystal clear eyes. "I can at least help you look," She said, and, voice growing soft, she turned her gaze away. "I'm on my own...And I would love to have the company," She admitted.
Messages In This Thread
To build an empire - by Zaavier - June 25, 2016, 07:02 PM
RE: To build an empire - by Alkiva - June 27, 2016, 03:59 PM
RE: To build an empire - by Zaavier - June 27, 2016, 07:01 PM
RE: To build an empire - by Alkiva - June 27, 2016, 07:17 PM
RE: To build an empire - by Zaavier - June 27, 2016, 09:02 PM
RE: To build an empire - by Alkiva - June 27, 2016, 09:15 PM
RE: To build an empire - by Zaavier - June 28, 2016, 10:46 AM
RE: To build an empire - by Alkiva - June 28, 2016, 02:47 PM
RE: To build an empire - by Zaavier - June 28, 2016, 03:05 PM
RE: To build an empire - by Alkiva - June 28, 2016, 03:13 PM