Golden Glade Be my mirror, my sword and shield
55 Posts
Ooc —
Her gaze travelled first to the sky above, robed in brilliant reds, oranges and pinks as the sun begun its descent over the horizon. The rain clouds had dissipated just enough to let the beautiful colours through, and she smiled happily at the sky, tail wagging as she perched on a boulder, staring at the sky. Her brilliant blue gaze travelled through the sky, watching birds, clouds, truly anything that drew her attention. Her tail stilled as she stared in wonder at the sun, which had turned a pastel red. A smile touched her maw, and her form stilled completely as she watched it sink, slowly, slowly.

Pain.
She was on the ground, something hurt, there was a scent in the air, a heavy, musky smell that was familiar but she could not attach to anything. Then there was the bear, though she did not know it as such, a huge creature garbed in midnight, face twisted in an ugly snarl as it loomed over the little body of the wolf. She whimpered a moment, but instinct had her surge to her feet and lunge at the much larger animal. 

Tooth, fang, they lashed out, not any thought was wasted as they searched for something, anything to grab onto. Roars, growls, so loud they set the girl's heart beating frantically against her chest like a trapped bird. The bear roared, in pain this time and delivered a blow. Hot blood ran in rivulets down her foreleg, her should burning with a kind of fire she had never felt before.

Neck. She had it's neck in her jaws, she was crushing, it was wheezing, so close, almost-

Her tail. It didn't feel right, her fangs had nothing in their grasp, a ripping sound,her tail, it was torn, it was-

Her fangs found the bears neck again, a ragged, torn wound, it was melting, melting under her grip. It was still alive, clinging to life, but she was so close, so close to killing it, killing a bear, but-

Her vision. It was blurry, dark, the bear, it was gone. Was it dead? No, it was leaving, trying to, a gaping wound on it's neck. Darkness, it seeped in, touching the edges of her vision, creeping in, until it was all dark, and the pain, it was not there and burning, throbbing, all at the same time. Until it wasn't, and she was a crumpled heap on the ground, still alive, like the bear, who was staggering off while blood flowed freely, and she was in darkness.

The wolf's breaths slowed, it's heart resumed a slightly less panicked rhythm, and blood pooled from a tail that had been cropped a little shorter and a shoulder bloodied beyond recognition. But the wolf was alive, the wolf had fought a bear, and while neither had been truly victorious, she was alive, and that was a victory in itself.
Messages In This Thread
Be my mirror, my sword and shield - by Ayla - July 01, 2016, 09:18 PM
RE: Be my mirror, my sword and shield - by Alder - July 01, 2016, 09:59 PM
RE: Be my mirror, my sword and shield - by Heartha - July 01, 2016, 10:20 PM
RE: Be my mirror, my sword and shield - by Shalon - July 02, 2016, 04:44 PM
RE: Be my mirror, my sword and shield - by Aspen - July 03, 2016, 11:13 AM
RE: Be my mirror, my sword and shield - by Ayla - July 04, 2016, 09:33 PM
RE: Be my mirror, my sword and shield - by Alder - July 05, 2016, 12:34 PM
RE: Be my mirror, my sword and shield - by Heartha - July 05, 2016, 10:20 PM
RE: Be my mirror, my sword and shield - by Skeet - July 06, 2016, 02:16 PM
RE: Be my mirror, my sword and shield - by Shalon - July 06, 2016, 04:07 PM
RE: Be my mirror, my sword and shield - by Aspen - July 07, 2016, 05:03 PM