Stavanger Bay come wayward souls who wander through the darkness
slowly drifting, wave after wave
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
he did not soften at her touch, and she withdrew to look at him fretfully. deirdre knew she did not wish to make him uncomfortable and so looked anxiously to her paws, his heavy exhale causing her heart to hammer in a terrible pattern that caused her breath to hitch. the girl cared greatly for him, and now she was painfully aware of this. it wounded her to think her presence was unwelcome to him, now. 

his admission surprised her, and she looked back to him. she recalled the words of her brother, and was thoughtful for a moment. for all that she owed skellige, she could never resent him–nor could she be angered by his wish to claim a place he presumed to be blessed. deirdre had never been to the bay to know, and so could only take his word for it. the girl also knew skellige had little to worry about, as donnelaith was not a place that would seek to displace him. they themselves were no warriors. the white witch did not desire it, either–she took great comfort in his nearness. 

she remained at a distance, thinking he had gone rigid because of her, and thought again of her brother. you and yours–you would become our protectors. why should they argue this? you do not seek to steal resources–when i come into my inheritance,  the pact between us can come to fruition, for she did not forget what she owed him! and then they would share all things. i have spoken with my brother. his greatest fear is proximity. but we are united, you and i. what has he to fear? this she asked him in earnest, her eyes wondering upon him. she knew, of course–but had they this to fear from him? trust shined forth from her eyes, mingled with hope and her evident care for him.
[Image: BCay9TG.png]
in oceans deep. my faith will stand
Messages In This Thread
RE: come wayward souls who wander through the darkness - by Deirdre - July 02, 2016, 09:51 AM