Stavanger Bay made in america
4 Posts
Ooc — Chan
She had rattled his cage and she knew it. Though his intimidation bore down upon her, she remained as she was, tail waving behind her to meet his irritation. There had always been a rivalry between the houses, despite their alliances. The humor had come from what was clawing within her and tearing her apart, it was coming for the desperation that drove her to his borders. But, in hindsight, she knew that it wasn’t the moment for such jabs, especially as she stood at his border with her back to the sea. 

The next thing to pass his lips was what she was expecting, a lash accompanying his concern. She understood this concern and she aided these feelings by softening her expression in that moment. “The North has not fared well since the Carins departed…” she confided in him, her eyes dropping for a moment before reaching up to meet his once more. “Tradition has taken over everything and our battles have turned internal.” She was not proud to admit this, but it had to be said. Despite the fact that she was being groomed for leadership her life was very much in danger up north. There was upset within their lower ranks and the Ryba’s had found themselves divided on the island. “I have killed many of my own blood to be here today.”

“I didn’t know what to do until we got word of your reign down here,” she admitted, the dark line of her lips falling straight. “But when I got word, I knew it was my time to move on.” The weight of the situation crashed upon her like a wave upon a shoreline, and yet she stood strong despite it all. “Faith in you guided me here. I mourn for my family and mourn for what they have become, but I refuse to partake in it anymore.” She dipped her chin in that moment in respect, her tail waving as she lowered herself. “I believe that you offer a better future than the Ryba’s could ever offer and that is why I am here today.” She grew silent after, waiting for what he had to say.
Messages In This Thread
made in america - by Keto - July 08, 2016, 09:40 PM
RE: made in america - by Skellige - July 08, 2016, 09:59 PM
RE: made in america - by Keto - July 08, 2016, 10:19 PM
RE: made in america - by Skellige - July 08, 2016, 11:56 PM
RE: made in america - by Keto - July 09, 2016, 08:19 AM
RE: made in america - by Skellige - July 09, 2016, 01:56 PM
RE: made in america - by Keto - July 09, 2016, 02:34 PM
RE: made in america - by Skellige - July 10, 2016, 02:21 AM