Hushed Willows Night swimmers
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
I wanted to let it be known that I'm working on a collection of stories / information regarding Harlyn's religion that I hope to share soonly with her family so that it can be incorporated into your RPs since Harlyn would likely have shared much of it with her kids at this point. I just have to determine the best way to collect it all... Oh and then write it BUT WHAT

Harlyn was pleased at her daughter's interest in her tales. Her children always seemed rather good about wanting to hear her stories, but even so it pleased her each time. She had done so much growing and learning from the stories her family had told to her when she was young, and it was deeply gratifying to be able to offer the same to her own children.

"As you know, the Earth Mother created all of the animals of the world out of the desire to have friends of her own, as the Sky Father had Brother Sun and Sister Moon," Harlyn started softly, "The Father eventually corrupted all that she had created, but for a time all was as the Mother had wanted - she had her children to dote upon her and spend on her all of their affection. But her body was so dark that she could not see them. And it made her sad."

"And so, one of the Mothers creatures decided to please her, as they were willed already to do by her," Harlyn continued, "The beetles - lowest of those the Mother had created, and least favored by her - decided to speak to Sister Moon. Hers was a weak will, and soon she felt pity upon the Mother and the beetles and gave to them a portion of her light. The bugs returned to the Mother and shone upon her skin so that she could see the children that she had created. But the Sister did not give all of herself, and so they could only give the Mother glimpses in flashes. The fireflies today are those beetles that reached out to the Sister for her magic, and they bear it still for the Mother to look upon her creations in times when the world is too dark for her to see."

She finished and looked quietly at Larkspur.
Open for Commissions! PM me for more info :)
Messages In This Thread
Night swimmers - by Larkspur - June 14, 2016, 03:21 PM
RE: Night swimmers - by Harlyn - June 14, 2016, 07:04 PM
RE: Night swimmers - by Larkspur - June 14, 2016, 08:32 PM
RE: Night swimmers - by Harlyn - June 14, 2016, 08:46 PM
RE: Night swimmers - by Larkspur - June 14, 2016, 09:06 PM
RE: Night swimmers - by Harlyn - June 27, 2016, 06:19 PM
RE: Night swimmers - by Larkspur - June 29, 2016, 12:10 PM
RE: Night swimmers - by Harlyn - July 10, 2016, 06:21 PM
RE: Night swimmers - by Larkspur - August 01, 2016, 11:27 AM