Ankyra Sound a little bit dangerous, but baby that's how i want it
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
Maude actually pouted at him as she scolded him for changing the subject but answered his inquiry nevertheless. Responsibility and shit. Kjalarr barely contained his amused snort. He didn't doubt she would not rise to the occasion of her promotion (thought the fact that she was up running a patrol with him was plenty of proof). If he didn't think she couldn't handle it, or wouldn't step up to the plate as their Beta he would have made his opinion known but he'd spoken in the pirate's favor when Caiaphas mentioned her for the promotion. Maude and him ...they had a rocky start and while Kjalarr still wasn't sure where they stood with one another (especially after that awkward thing that happened when he'd pulled the crab from her and gave her those scars, oops) he didn't hate her. Hell, he didn't even dislike her. Admittedly, Maude had begun to grow on him and if she wasn't around he would probably miss her grating sea shanties and attempts to get under his skin (which worked frighteningly well).

“Kind of,” Kjalarr responded to Maude's question about Charon. “He's my adopted brother.” Though a much younger Kjalarr hated the idea of calling Charon a 'brother' in reality that was what they were and this...this butting heads was a sibling thing. Kjalarr was the rebellious, independent younger brother who resented Charon for lording his “experience” and “i'm older than you” card over him. “Probably not,” Kjalarr agreed with a chuckle. “I didn't say I was going to do it Maude,” He shook his head at her. “Just that I was thinking about it.” But the desire to absolve the grudge and awful terms that Charon and him stood on wasn't just for Kjalarr's own benefit. It was also for the benefit of Floki, who admittedly would probably benefit from it more.

“If I didn't know better Maude-” Kjalarr paused to lift his leg and relieve himself upon the border before he kicked some grass behind him offering her a cheeky grin as he said, “-I'd say you sounded concerned.” He teased because it was there and because that was the kind of relationship they had, and also because he couldn't help himself. Well, he probably could if he put actual effort towards it but where was the fun in that?

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more —

Messages In This Thread