Hushed Willows Hit the ground running
A cheap trick and a cheesy one-liner
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
What burned him so much was that Octavia wasn't thinking of Tambourine. Sure, superficially, yes - but after that what would happen? They set off towards some random pack that she didn't even know would really take them in - and if they were hurt, if Tambourine got lost, if they didn't get enough food, if they were rejected. The list went on and on and on. Stark felt himself bristle, stepping back further from Octavia as she puffed and snarled at him. 

His head ducked automatically to protect his neck and his chest. She looked like at any moment that she would launch herself at him, and Stark sorely didn't want to see that happen. He wouldn't fight against her if she actually took things to the physical realm. "Don't you get it? I'd do it for you -" He growled out. "Like I've done everything for you since I got here!" He'd played diplomat, brought in wolves, tried to engage everyone make sure that they were fed and happy. He was the only one trying to clean up the mess between Octavia and Harlyn and their children.

But what she said - what she screamed for everyone to hear, was that Tambourine wasn't his. Like he needed the reminder, that he wasn't so aware of the fact that no matter how much he cared, he'd never change that. "You say that like I don't care - like I haven't basically acted like he was every single day. If you really think that way, I can't change your mind." He said coldly. It just made him hyper aware of the reasons why he didn't do this. Why he didn't get involved with actual relationships, especially not with children. At the end of the day it wasn't a choice that he or Tambourine got to make. Octavia would do that against their wills. 
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
[Image: gamekeeper.gif] 3/5
Messages In This Thread
Hit the ground running - by RIP Tavi - July 27, 2016, 06:30 PM
RE: Hit the ground running - by Stark - July 27, 2016, 06:37 PM
RE: Hit the ground running - by RIP Tavi - July 28, 2016, 01:00 AM
RE: Hit the ground running - by Stark - July 28, 2016, 05:17 PM
RE: Hit the ground running - by RIP Tavi - July 28, 2016, 05:42 PM
RE: Hit the ground running - by Stark - July 28, 2016, 06:09 PM
RE: Hit the ground running - by RIP Tavi - July 28, 2016, 06:54 PM
RE: Hit the ground running - by Stark - July 28, 2016, 07:19 PM
RE: Hit the ground running - by RIP Tavi - July 28, 2016, 07:31 PM
RE: Hit the ground running - by Stark - July 28, 2016, 07:59 PM