Blacktail Deer Plateau All I ask of you
214 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
I'll go ahead and duck on outta here so Hawkeye and Perry can have some much-needed time together. :)

Something in Peregrine's face and in the dejected tone of voice he'd had moments before told Atticus that things most likely weren't okay. But it was the silent plea in Perry's eyes, the unspoken please, not now that passed between them, that kept Atticus from pressing further. Whatever was going on, Peregrine didn't want to talk about it right now, and that was okay. It also occurred to him that Perry might not want to talk about any issues with Hawkeye because of the feelings Atticus had once had for her. He was long over all of that now, of course, but he could still see why that might be uncomfortable for Peregrine.

He chuckled at his brother's mention of morning wood and joking inquiry after the rabbit. He opened his mouth to come back with some smart-ass comment when all of a sudden, out of nowhere, Hawkeye appeared. It was remarkable how a wolf her size could move so quietly. She made a joke about the rabbit, which brought a small smile to Atticus's face, and then asked Atti how he was doing. "Not too bad," he replied, his manner and voice polite but lacking the warmth that had once been there for her. "Good to see you. I'll get on outta here and let y'all handle that morning wood. I'll bury that rabbit in the cache near your den, if you need a post bone-job snack." He grinned wryly at Peregrine as he turned to pick the rabbit back up in his teeth, and before trotting away through the trees, he cast a meaningful gaze back at his brother. He hoped Perry understood -- I'm here for you if you need me.
Messages In This Thread
All I ask of you - by Peregrine Redhawk - May 10, 2014, 03:15 PM
RE: All I ask of you - by Atticus - May 15, 2014, 11:58 AM
RE: All I ask of you - by Peregrine Redhawk - May 15, 2014, 03:15 PM
RE: All I ask of you - by Atticus - May 16, 2014, 10:29 PM
RE: All I ask of you - by Peregrine Redhawk - May 16, 2014, 10:36 PM
RE: All I ask of you - by Hawkeye - May 16, 2014, 10:56 PM
RE: All I ask of you - by Atticus - May 16, 2014, 11:26 PM
RE: All I ask of you - by Peregrine Redhawk - May 17, 2014, 01:05 PM
RE: All I ask of you - by Hawkeye - May 17, 2014, 11:38 PM
RE: All I ask of you - by Peregrine Redhawk - May 18, 2014, 10:22 AM