Coconut Grove i like driving backwards in the fog
the last genuine mystery
172 Posts
Ooc — kae
the song is c'est mon ami, i'm too lazy to hovertranslate it

The shallow tidepools were filled with still water that had been warmed by the sun. Starbuck had found that the ocean was too cold for her liking, too cold and too rough. The waves had battered her ceaselessly, her slight frame tossed about by the tide like a leaf at the mercy of the wind. The tide pools, however, held a fascinating array of sea creatures. Starbuck had delighted in discovering each of them, from the hermit crab to the sea star. As she danced from pool to pool, she sand in her high, breathy voice.

Ah! s’il est dans votre village
Un berger sensible et charmant
Qu’on chérisse au premier moment
Qu’on aime ensuite davantage

She continued, singing on about a love she never had whilst exploring the coast. The air was redolent with the smell of brine and decay, a scent she would learn to associate with low tide. She longed for company, a kind and intelligent stranger who could tell her what the strange creatures she was finding were called. And, oh! Were any of them edible?
Messages In This Thread
i like driving backwards in the fog - by Murgash - August 14, 2016, 08:01 PM
RE: i like driving backwards in the fog - by Starbuck - August 20, 2016, 03:01 PM
RE: i like driving backwards in the fog - by Murgash - August 20, 2016, 07:32 PM
RE: i like driving backwards in the fog - by Starbuck - August 21, 2016, 01:29 PM
RE: i like driving backwards in the fog - by Murgash - August 22, 2016, 06:26 AM
RE: i like driving backwards in the fog - by Starbuck - August 22, 2016, 01:24 PM
RE: i like driving backwards in the fog - by Murgash - August 22, 2016, 07:15 PM
RE: i like driving backwards in the fog - by Starbuck - August 23, 2016, 12:10 PM
RE: i like driving backwards in the fog - by Murgash - August 23, 2016, 06:23 PM
RE: i like driving backwards in the fog - by Starbuck - August 24, 2016, 10:43 AM
RE: i like driving backwards in the fog - by Murgash - August 24, 2016, 08:11 PM