Silver Creek And when white moths were on the wing
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
The longer Saena waited and listened to the sounds of the woods, the more she wanted to turn around and leave. I shouldn't even be here, she thought, and on the tail end of that, she wondered how long it had actually been. With no recollection of when or how she'd left, she couldn't even imagine. She remembered that before that, winter had ended, and with autumn creeping up now, that meant that it had either been a few months or an entire year. She prayed that it was the former, but supposed the latter would be easier to deal with in a way.

At least if she didn't recognize anyone, then maybe no one would recognize her, and the hard questions would never be asked. And as a wolf materialized from the woods, Saena thought that might be the case. She didn't instantly recognize Spring, likely due to the wolf's filling out since the famine and the changes that leadership brought upon any wolf. Saena's eyes traced the scars that cut lines through her coat, and tried to think of what she might say to introduce herself. I know you probably don't know me but this used to be my pack, seemed like a shitty way to start with someone she didn't even know.

But when the wolf spoke, her voice was enough to bring familiarity rushing back, and Saena's eyes nearly bugged as her stomach knotted tightly and all her anxiety rushed up and out her throat in a wave of bile. She turned her head just in time to avoid spattering her old friend's paws. With a cough she cleared her throat, turned bleary eyes up to Spring, and croaked out a feeble and shaky, "hi."
Messages In This Thread
And when white moths were on the wing - by Saēna - August 26, 2016, 09:12 PM
RE: And when white moths were on the wing - by Spring - August 26, 2016, 10:09 PM
RE: And when white moths were on the wing - by Saēna - August 27, 2016, 09:49 AM
RE: And when white moths were on the wing - by Spring - August 27, 2016, 12:33 PM
RE: And when white moths were on the wing - by Saēna - August 27, 2016, 12:48 PM
RE: And when white moths were on the wing - by Spring - August 27, 2016, 01:09 PM
RE: And when white moths were on the wing - by Saēna - August 28, 2016, 09:59 AM
RE: And when white moths were on the wing - by Spring - August 28, 2016, 01:26 PM
RE: And when white moths were on the wing - by Saēna - August 28, 2016, 01:49 PM
RE: And when white moths were on the wing - by Spring - August 28, 2016, 03:25 PM
RE: And when white moths were on the wing - by Saēna - August 28, 2016, 03:55 PM
RE: And when white moths were on the wing - by Spring - August 28, 2016, 04:32 PM
RE: And when white moths were on the wing - by Saēna - August 28, 2016, 07:33 PM
RE: And when white moths were on the wing - by Spring - August 28, 2016, 10:29 PM
RE: And when white moths were on the wing - by Saēna - August 31, 2016, 05:51 PM
RE: And when white moths were on the wing - by Spring - September 01, 2016, 07:03 PM
RE: And when white moths were on the wing - by Saēna - September 01, 2016, 07:38 PM