Silvertip Mountain i've got red on my ledger; i'd like to wipe it out
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Johan's words laced with the same poison as always had their own way of working into him like nobody else could. Whenever she attacked him in such a verbal way, he felt like a child being scolded. His ears flattened to his skull, but he was reluctant to charge back against her. Unlike with anyone else, Jojo had always held dominance over him, even if he had the higher rank. He'd forgotten about how much of a burden had been lifted after he left, until now, as she taunted him. He took it all stiffly. Flinching only when she spat out her words in his face, as if he were the dirt beneath her feet.

When he gave his little explanation as to how he missed her, he noticed her small smile. He'd gotten her there, if not only for a second. He wouldn't push her any further, until the moment became less heated. If he pushed the why on her now, she'd probably get mad and beat him to death or something. He'd always had more brute strength, and been a great combat fighter, but she knew how to get the drop on you. He wouldn't push his luck today. Sometimes it's better to just take what you deserve, and in Ezekiel's eyes he deserved every word.

When Valette arrived, and he introduced them, Johan's words made him growl a bit. Snagged yourself a girl? He puffed up a bit in front of Valette, protectively. Even if Johan was his sister, and they always tainted each other in such ways, Valette was off limits. He'd promised himself never to let anyone speak down to her, not even his sister. Luckily Johan gave a respectful greeting and nod, so he allowed himself to calm a bit. Before he got to more introductions and explanations which were desperately needed, Steady arrived like an angry bull. 

Ezekiel could tell that Steady disliked his insubordination, and he would hear about it later. He only hoped it wouldn't affect his position or anything like that. He could sense Johan's movement behind him, and he kept glancing at Valette. The reason he was pleading with her just because he hoped that she'd understand. He was always worried about how she viewed him, and whether or not it may affect how much she liked him. Would his action now affect their relationship, he sure hoped not. He kept in front of Johan protectively, but continued to bow as submissive as possible to Steady. He really didn't want this to become a fight between his family. For they were truly both his family.

He wasn't surprised that Johan took her chances and came from behind him, assuring him that it would be ok. He shot her a cocked eyed glance, as if he wasn't so sure, but stepped back allowing her to take the lead. He watched as she apologized, so close to the ground, closer than he'd ever seen her before. He was shocked at how she was being so cool, and at how weak she looked. He'd never thought he'd see her in such a way. She was usually such a regal woman, but now she bowed like a beggar in the streets. 

When she was finished there was a moment of silence where Ezekiel waited patiently for Steady's response. He was sure that Steady wouldn't chase her off now, he knew the alpha pretty well, but there was still that chance. However his hopes proved true, and Steady left them in peace, asking to see Ezekiel later. He nodded respectfully and waited till his alpha left before moving again. So he was in for a lecture, as long as it hadn't come to any further trouble, he was fine. The large grey male turned back to the females, his best friend and his sister. Mostly to Johan, though he shifted to stand by Valette, he spoke. Johan what are your plans? Are you here just to see me or join the pack? He hoped to straighten some things out.

If Johan wanted to join the pack, he wouldn't really want to turn her down, but having her around would take some getting used to. He wondered what she'd think of Valette and vice versa, what Valette would think of her.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i've got red on my ledger; i'd like to wipe it out - by Ezekiel - September 03, 2016, 08:53 AM