Silvertip Mountain i've got red on my ledger; i'd like to wipe it out
i'll persuade you
7 Posts
Ooc —
she was glad that ezekiel simply accepted her words instead of arguing back; it would make things easier for the two of them, given that if he had talked back, she would've unleashed a few months worth of anguish, frustration and worry on him, and that would definitely not be a pretty sight. at all.

johan watched, rather amused when ezekiel uttered a growl, puffing himself up protectively in front of his valette. he really needed to relax, jojo meant no harm, if anything, she as just testing the waters, trying to see what kind of girl she was, and if she deserved her little brother. while it may usually be the other way around, where the girl's brother or father lectured zeke on how he shouldn't hurt their baby girl, jojo knew that her brother wouldn't want to purposely harm someone he cared about. however, zeke was capable of hurting those he loved, though most of the time, it was accidental.

nevertheless, she didn't want to see her baby brother hurt, and therefore, she needed to check his girlfriend out, make sure she wasn't some kind of player. zeke didn't deserve that sort of crap.

johan bit back a sharp retort when the wolf she presumed was the alpha bared his teeth at her brother, stating that sister or not, no one disrespected anyone in his family. seriously? as far as she was concerned, she was only disrespecting her brother, who, when she last checked, was her blood brother, not his. jojo had just as much right to lecture her brother as the alpha, if not more. despite her anger, however, she still played her role, expertly hiding her emotions behind an impassive countenance.

thankfully, the alpha accepted her words without a question and departed from their company after speaking with ezekiel. she waited until steady was gone and was out of earshot before turning on her brother. you didn't have to do that, she told him, stoic as ever. you know i could've handled it, played whoever i needed to be. i would've let myself get pinned to the ground if that's what it takes. jojo narrowed her eyes. you didn't have to get involved on my behalf. i don't like to owe people, or to have debts, even if it's to you. you know that. if he had let her take it, perhaps she wouldn't be owing anyone right now, and perhaps he wouldn't be on the alpha's naughty list.

jojo's posture had long gone back to neutral, bordering submissive; she hated playing the role of meek beggar, so, when ezekiel asked for her plans, she bowed her head respectfully, tail swishing thoughtfully by her ankles. i don't plan to go back to the bluff, she deadpanned, lifting a shoulder in a shrug. i don't plan to ever go back. and thus, i have nowhere to go. normally, i like to have some freedom, but i need a place to stay. she paused, thinking over her options. i'll like to join your pack, if you'll have me. i'm a great mercenary and scout, but i can hunt as well. i can also learn, adapt, be whatever you need me to be. all that was spoken in a soft voice, devoid of any emotion, save, maybe, respect. 

though that was only because if she didn't put on a show, johan would get rejected. and that wasn't a chance she was ready to take.

you can rest assured that i will not be leaving anytime soon, given that the last time i left a pack, it was because someone else left me first.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i've got red on my ledger; i'd like to wipe it out - by Johan - September 03, 2016, 11:09 AM