Horizon Ridge seeking purpose (J)
<font color="1E90FF">slowly drifting, drifting away;
<br><i>wave after wave,</i>
<br>wave after wave.</font>
64 Posts
Ooc — Ellie
The Alpha took a moment to respond to him. Surra sat where he was with patience - or so he appeared on the surface. He normally did not talk so much as he had just done, and in the space between his words and hers, he wondered if he had perchance said too much. He could feel his heart rate slowly increasing, but still he remained calm. He watched Pump in an attempt to measure her response, still making sure to tilt his head so that he looked up at her rather than directly at her.

"We will see that. I like to test people and so does my second in command Ragnar. Therefore better work as hard as you claim to and you will find it easy to fit in." Surra felt an inward rush of relief. He dipped his head with a long blink, ears falling back in gratefulness. The response was nothing less than he expected - he knew that he would need to back up his words. But he was comfortable enough to know he would follow through on his promise, given the chance that she appeared to be giving him. "I understand," he said simply.

"Where are you from?" Less of a question that he expected. "North-west of this place," he chose to say. "I was born as part of a nomadic group of mostly my family. We didn't really have a set territory, we were too small in numbers." He paused. "I've been on my own for the better part of the past half-year. It's time I find a place to settle into and contribute to."
Messages In This Thread
seeking purpose (J) - by Surra - May 18, 2014, 12:15 PM
RE: seeking purpose (J) - by Pump - May 18, 2014, 12:56 PM
RE: seeking purpose (J) - by Surra - May 18, 2014, 03:00 PM
RE: seeking purpose (J) - by Pump - May 19, 2014, 08:41 AM
RE: seeking purpose (J) - by Surra - May 19, 2014, 06:31 PM
RE: seeking purpose (J) - by Pump - May 20, 2014, 11:08 AM
RE: seeking purpose (J) - by Surra - May 20, 2014, 12:52 PM
RE: seeking purpose (J) - by Pump - May 20, 2014, 02:29 PM
RE: seeking purpose (J) - by Surra - May 20, 2014, 06:01 PM
RE: seeking purpose (J) - by Pump - May 21, 2014, 03:02 PM