Silver Creek Empty Pawed
239 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
He listened to her speak, her words full of the bitterness of hurt feelings. His own ears flicked back and he watched her with concern. "I'm sorry, Amber." He wanted to try to soothe the situation, to say he was sure that Rowan hadn't meant it, nor had Spring. But he couldn't because he didn't know Rowan well enough. And Spring...he would never assume to speak for his alpha, for Spring. If she'd growled she'd probably meant it, but only because her heart was hurt. "Everyone will be estatic that you're back though. Emotions were running high that day, I'm sure, people just snap sometimes." He hoped he was helping.

Just as quickly as she had fallen into her bow she rose from it, tears gleaming in her eyes. He hated it when other's cried. He was a man who worked in laughter, sadness and tears were not his strong suit. He could comfort someone, sure, but typically with humor. He felt a flash of embarrassment as Amber lashed out at him and Spring, as if Amber could see the moment the pair had shared. He dropped his eyes from hers in the face of her bitter sadness, thinking about the conversation he and Spring had shared. They had shared much of their pains that day, and he recalled the feeling he'd had that day when he realize Spring had opened to him and not her sister. (To be fair, Amber hadn't been here to open up to, but all the same...he felt special.)

Amber stood before him, clearly wounded. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to stress you. I only...I just know if you were my sister I'd have been worried about you, especially with the girls and everything." Her shrug told him that she had not known Saena, so it placed that news on the back burner. He had very strong misgivings about playing around before Spring knew that her sister was back. He'd wondered about Amber himself, confused and worried about where she'd gone and he had met her just the once before this. Spring would likely be in a fit.

He sighed, moving over to Amber and nudging her in a gentle and friendly way. His tail waved before him softly. "What if I go with you to meet your sister? The trip can't be very stressful if you've got me to stare at the whole time, right?" He nudged her again playfully, his voice was kind but serious. "I'm sorry to push at you. I just...there's been a lot of sadness over these lands, with what happened. Spring might be worried to death that Reek hurt you, or who knows what. I'll gladly play a game of tag with you, or swim, or whatever. But let's go to your sister first, okay?"

He couldn't help thinking that Spring would be deeply hurt to know Amber had gone for someone other than her. He didn't want to see that hurt in her face, not after everything that had happened. Not after what he knew now. He didn't want to be involved in a falling out between sisters. It was all out of caring, for both Amber and Spring that he did this.
Messages In This Thread
Empty Pawed - by Amber - September 14, 2016, 12:14 PM
RE: Empty Pawed - by Heston - September 14, 2016, 06:35 PM
RE: Empty Pawed - by Amber - September 14, 2016, 08:01 PM
RE: Empty Pawed - by Heston - September 15, 2016, 05:22 PM
RE: Empty Pawed - by Amber - September 16, 2016, 03:18 PM
RE: Empty Pawed - by Heston - September 16, 2016, 05:35 PM
RE: Empty Pawed - by Amber - September 17, 2016, 09:39 PM
RE: Empty Pawed - by Heston - September 19, 2016, 05:24 PM
RE: Empty Pawed - by Amber - September 20, 2016, 11:38 AM
RE: Empty Pawed - by Heston - September 21, 2016, 05:15 PM
RE: Empty Pawed - by Amber - September 22, 2016, 11:23 AM