Silvertip Mountain No surprise
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
It wasn't long before Niita showed. While his mind was in turmoil, his heart swelled with love upon seeing her. He allowed her to rub against him, getting drunk on her scent, as he usually did. He took a few steps forward as she retreated, not wanting the space between them. My love, he greeted softly. 

As much as he wanted to ignore the turmoil, and focus solely on her, he knew ignoring the situation wouldn't help. She needed to know the decision he had made. I sent Grayday to Broken Antler Fen, to make sure a new family member who had left there had left on good terms. I didn't... I didn't want to break the alliance we had with them by allowing someone in that they were enemies with, he explained. He came back, and said that they told him to leave, that no Silvertip wolf was welcome on their borders. His jaw clenched before he continued. So, I've severed our alliance. They will no longer be met with friendliness if any of them come here. He paused, before adding. Including Odette.

He looked to her, his mate, to see her reaction. Before he could really read it, he went on. I'm tired of what I did being hung over my head by someone who isn't even here. I did my best to keep my family alive, and I refuse to feel any more guilt for that. He needed her support now more than ever. While he stuck with his decision, he did feel as though he he was losing Odette all over again. Only, this time, there was no hope for a future reconciliation. He would not waste any more of his time wondering if she would come back.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Messages In This Thread
No surprise - by Steady - September 24, 2016, 07:56 PM
RE: No surprise - by Niita - September 24, 2016, 10:22 PM
RE: No surprise - by Steady - September 24, 2016, 10:46 PM
RE: No surprise - by Niita - September 25, 2016, 02:10 AM
RE: No surprise - by Steady - September 25, 2016, 10:19 PM