Ravensblood Forest oh i don't pay for suits
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
She was a forward type of woman, that had been abundantly clear to Arturo from the get go though now, in their private one on one conversation it was put into more of a perspective. Arturo had his secrets and to an extent he expected Family business to stay within the Family. Not to be spread to the wolves of the Wild, not even to the Comhlach that would come with the ambition of joining them. There was a code, and not compromising the family was tied neatly into the “Family before everything else” rule he expected to be enforced and lived by. Everything Arturo did was for The Family, but he hadn't came to call himself Ceannasach without the spill of blood and the ability to forge himself into it. He was charismatic. He was even gentle at times. But he was cold and hard and utterly unafraid to pull the trigger, too.

She offered him a side glance as she inquired as to who was in charge when he left the lands, and then added, without a hint of bashfulness, that she intended to challenge them. He regarded her expressionless. So she was ambitious. The hierarchy of Teaghlaigh was formed largely on his trust of those who had proven themselves as apart of the Family but he did not put a stop to rank challenges, either. Would Arturo have been a fearful man he would have been unnerved by her audacity but after a while a slow smirk tugged at the corner of his lips. Arturo was not a fearful man.

“It's quite a burden to bear, that rank,” Arturo drew, not slowing his pace but keeping his gaze level with her. “I have to be able to trust my Póilín — my Second in Command explicitly for they become my red herring.” It was an attainable rank and able to be challenged but it wasn't without it's dangers when maintaining that Family Business stayed within The Family. There were situations in which the red herring role proved useful and Arturo intended to use it to not just his own advantage but to the advantage of The Family as well. “I encourage rank challenges,” Arturo drew in a breath. “but I require the acceptance of what comes with the rank before the challenge.” Because any sign of hesitation and he would not be afraid to push them down the heirarchy ladder. Arturo was not forthcoming with his answer to her question. He did not yet have a red herring, a second in command. He supposed filling the position was on his to-do list but his concerns were more immediate. Like expanding The Family, marking their claim and taking care of those who had become Teaghlaigh, in particular Chusi who though was old enough to not need him around every second of the day, whom he allowed free roam of their forest home, still needed his attention in ways that an adult did not. In hindsight, perhaps he didn't need to be forthcoming. She seemed to have a head for business like himself and perhaps she would be able to pick the answer up from what he'd spoken instead.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
oh i don't pay for suits - by Arturo - September 22, 2016, 04:01 PM
RE: oh i don't pay for suits - by Furiosa - September 23, 2016, 06:49 PM
RE: oh i don't pay for suits - by Arturo - September 23, 2016, 07:09 PM
RE: oh i don't pay for suits - by Furiosa - September 29, 2016, 03:43 PM
RE: oh i don't pay for suits - by Arturo - September 29, 2016, 05:08 PM
RE: oh i don't pay for suits - by Furiosa - September 29, 2016, 06:01 PM
RE: oh i don't pay for suits - by Arturo - September 30, 2016, 12:00 PM
RE: oh i don't pay for suits - by Furiosa - September 30, 2016, 02:22 PM