Ravensblood Forest oh i don't pay for suits
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
omg i love the addam's family~ also, no obligation to match the length. i rambled. :p

The red herring ploy was an easy pill for outsiders to swallow, especially those that looked upon Arturo Fearghal. Those that saw the coywolfthe half breed and nothing else. The very thing that had been the fuel to his fire as a child, as a juvenile had under creation of The Family became one of his strongest weapons. As it was assumed coyotes to be extremely clever and cunning beasts these genetics did not fall short when it came to the Fearghal monarch. Just because he did not seek war did not mean that it would not find him and Teaghlaigh. The red herring was one of his most treasured deceptions. Protect Ceannasach. Protect Teaghlaigh by posing as the ruler. For those who saw him only as coywolf, that drew up the disgust that he'd seen more times than he ever cared to admit upon gazes, and in the curl of lips — he allowed them to draw their own assumptions. Few outside of Teaghlaigh knew already that he truly ruled the forest. Skellige, Kitku, Deirdre.

She accepted the responsibilities of the position, undeterred by the risks it posed. He did not think elevating her would pose a risk to him, at least none that he could foresee. She looked the part well enough — a battle worn commander and she was certainly blunt enough to play the role he assigned her. He did not have to make the threat “remember who is really in charge” for he was more than capable and willing to enforce it if it ever came down to it without adding the unnecessary words that would only serve to be redundant.

“The position was vacant.” Arturo told her with a smirk of his own, drawing his salmon colored tongue across his jowls once. It saved her the trouble, really. He pushed forward to the next tree, lifting his leg again to mark his claim before he kicked up clumps of grass, bracken and dirt. “Sorry to deny you the satisfaction of usurping.” He chuckled, sparing her a glance to see her reaction, fiery red-orange gaze bright as it followed her. “You should know Póilín that we have an alliance with the warrior wolves of Blackrock Depths. Their leader, Skellige knows I lead here so the pretense isn't needed with any of them. They are to be welcomed and treated like Family. Anything they need they can have, in exchange for the same courtesies should we go to them.” Since it was time to get down to business beyond border marking.

“We may have an impending alliance with their neighbors, Donnelaith. Their young queen, Deirdre, also knows I lead Teaghlaigh. I would hold a Family Meeting and hear everyone's thoughts before proceeding with it officially since the same choice was not given in regards to Blackrock Depths.” Speaking of the Sentinel wolves made his thoughts flicker to the enchanting Kitku and unsurprisingly Arturo found himself yearning for the young bard's company, but tucked those desires and thoughts away. They had no place in talks of business despite that it might have came across as useful to inform Furiosa that Kitku also knew he led here in case the bard visited.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
oh i don't pay for suits - by Arturo - September 22, 2016, 04:01 PM
RE: oh i don't pay for suits - by Furiosa - September 23, 2016, 06:49 PM
RE: oh i don't pay for suits - by Arturo - September 23, 2016, 07:09 PM
RE: oh i don't pay for suits - by Furiosa - September 29, 2016, 03:43 PM
RE: oh i don't pay for suits - by Arturo - September 29, 2016, 05:08 PM
RE: oh i don't pay for suits - by Furiosa - September 29, 2016, 06:01 PM
RE: oh i don't pay for suits - by Arturo - September 30, 2016, 12:00 PM
RE: oh i don't pay for suits - by Furiosa - September 30, 2016, 02:22 PM