Ravensblood Forest oh i don't pay for suits
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
“No. In exchange for these courtesies the Depth wolves will go to war besides us should we ever need them and vice versa. The alliance was struck during the famine these Wilds had a few months ago and Skellige had been intent on eating me if I didn't give him the meager vole I had caught. I did what I do best: I thought and avoided it in exchange for a mutually beneficial relationship and the vole. I have lived with the Depth wolves for a few months. Skellige will not take advantage of it.” That had been a worry at first but there was a deep seeded respect for the Depth's Leviathan despite their shaky beginnings. “but I agree. I do not think the terms should be the same, either. We will discuss it as a Family but there is no harm in considering that they do not need to give us anything. We have nothing to bargain with. We'll be parlaying on the back foot and that puts us at a disadvantage. No doubt Skellige has already offered them his warriors. Donnelaith is a pack of healers, not warriors and it was beneficial for them to accept his offer.” Teaghlaigh would have to consider what they were willing to give and ensure that it was in Deirdre's best interests to accept in exchange for what they decided they wanted from them. Or perhaps Deirdre herself would have ideas to offer as to what she wanted in a potential alliance with the gang. “At the very least I seek to be on good terms with their young queen.” If only because of Chusi and Kitku. Arturo wanted to know that the two could travel between the packs without animosity (should Kitku ever get the notion to visit him that was).

Yet, that was something to look at in depth during the Family Meeting he planned to hold upon their official crowning as an empire as she conceded. In the meantime, it gave Furiosa and himself something to think about in their down time. “Good,” Arturo accepted with a sage nod. Admittedly, the “big guy” didn't seem too impressed with him but if she thought she had a shot at convincing him then he wasn't going to hold her back. “That's right. They own the Bay to the southwest of us. Donnelaith is just south of them in The Sentinels. They share a border so you will not need to travel far.” Arturo informed her. It was rather convenient, that.

“Palisander told me he met a woman from Silvertip — the pack south of us. As he has heard it from her she was scouting for a territory to relocate to. They will be leaving their mountain soon I assume. I see no reason to hassle them or introduce ourselves since they will not be around long.” As the Teaghlaigh was his only concern he did not feel at all bad about suggesting to her: “it might yield fruitful when we are certain they are gone to check their caches. See if they left anything behind.” He could not imagine carrying bits of meat from their caches would be all that wise. No doubt it would draw unwanted attention to them by scavengers and other hunters alike. There was always the chance they would clean them out by using them to fill their bellies but there is also the chance that they wouldn't and as Arturo was a man willing to take chances he saw no harm in sending a small scouting party to both ensure they'd left and gather anything they might leave behind.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
oh i don't pay for suits - by Arturo - September 22, 2016, 04:01 PM
RE: oh i don't pay for suits - by Furiosa - September 23, 2016, 06:49 PM
RE: oh i don't pay for suits - by Arturo - September 23, 2016, 07:09 PM
RE: oh i don't pay for suits - by Furiosa - September 29, 2016, 03:43 PM
RE: oh i don't pay for suits - by Arturo - September 29, 2016, 05:08 PM
RE: oh i don't pay for suits - by Furiosa - September 29, 2016, 06:01 PM
RE: oh i don't pay for suits - by Arturo - September 30, 2016, 12:00 PM
RE: oh i don't pay for suits - by Furiosa - September 30, 2016, 02:22 PM