Ravensblood Forest in a battle, that's all you get
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Arturo regarded Doe with a slight cant of his head and assessing eyes as he studied her, attempting to puzzle together her interest in Furiosa. Not because she wasn't interesting but because it was so sudden. He watched the way her demeanor changed with the change of their topic. Everything before had been little but social obligation. Dull pleasantries. So, she was enamored with his red herring, was she? For a moment, Arturo had the inkling to ask how the pale Cairn felt about that, if he even knew, but Doe's love life was not any of his concern. He didn't much care as long as she did not hinder Furiosa. Furiosa was his Family now. Bonds that could not be broken lest by a crime worthy of The Family's punishment. Arturo was privately amused by this for reasons he wasn't able to discern and would it not have been for his alliance to Skellige the merciless Ceannasach would have used this to his utter advantage. Arturo was a man who played all his chess pieces, calculated and coldly. Would she have been anyone else, under any other's rule than the Leviathan's he would have worked to exploit this new development. Yet: she was Doe. And she belonged to the Depths. And damn it all if the fact that he understood wasn't an entirely sobering thought.

Those ruthless thoughts were disregarded as quickly as they slithered their way into his mind as Arturo made the mental comparing to his own enamorment with a lovely creature he barely knew. “She will flourish in Teaghlaigh,” Arturo concurred, unable to help but wonder if that was how he looked and sounded when he spoke of Kitku. He felt the very same about Kitku. Just the thought of the scarfed bard set his heart beat a bit faster in pace within it's prison of flesh and bone; and because he felt this formed some sort of (bizarre) kinship between the two of them Arturo murmured, “I will take care of her Doe. You have my word.” in a soft tone meant to reassure.

"And upon the alliance Skellige and I struck with one another many moons ago you are as free to visit her as she is to visit you." Arturo informed her, in case she had yet to hear of the courtesies the two packs were sworn to provide to one another. It made him wistful to speak of it, thinking not of Doe and Furiosa but of him and his mysterious Kitku.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
in a battle, that's all you get - by Arturo - October 02, 2016, 01:22 PM
RE: in a battle, that's all you get - by Doe - October 02, 2016, 02:12 PM
RE: in a battle, that's all you get - by Arturo - October 02, 2016, 03:02 PM
RE: in a battle, that's all you get - by Doe - October 02, 2016, 03:21 PM
RE: in a battle, that's all you get - by Arturo - October 02, 2016, 03:32 PM
RE: in a battle, that's all you get - by Doe - October 02, 2016, 03:44 PM
RE: in a battle, that's all you get - by Arturo - October 02, 2016, 04:07 PM
RE: in a battle, that's all you get - by Doe - October 02, 2016, 05:16 PM