Lone Star Mountain Who called me by my name and ran
what's done is never done
385 Posts
Ooc —
u just don't even kno

As she wove him the tale of her life, he couldn't help but claim the similarities in it, applying each stanza of her woeful song to his own symphony, scarcely needing to change the notes and elements involved. His brows— even the one mangled beyond the appropriation of a brow— creased into a resolved frown, as he decided to tell her of himself.

"My downfall was my sister. She begrudged me for abandoning our culture and drawing many of our kin away from the faith. She sought vengeance for their diminished power, and lured me away from my pack under false pretenses. In the end of things, she wound up with one more eye than she had come with, and a broken neck to take back to her god." He could taste venom just talking about her, and his lip had curled unintentionally during the monologue, but it relaxed as he continued.

"I was left without memory myself, taking up with nomads in the time I spent mending. Months went by before I even started to remember... But I returned to these lands only to find another in my place and no one remaining there that would have spoken on my behalf." It was enough to make the former king feel as if he had not accomplished anything, as if his breast and the heart within it, was not worthy of maintaining its critical pulse.

"My wolves betrayed me,"
he said softly, finally relinquishing his true, and ultimately unambiguous grudge. It was against those who should have been there to advocate his rightful claim; to protect it, until he had returned. "My sister took everything from me, but what I expected to return to simply did not exist anymore, and broken seemed a word fitting to how I felt..." Warbone breathed, touched and also livened by her presence, feeling an exoneration to having been able to tell his story to ears unbiased by the pieces involved.

His gaze had been set on the sky, watching as moisture began to accumulate on the thin air, and the clouds gently swirled as if to paint a scene of anguish that was collective of the two wolves there on the Lone mountain shelf. But he turned to her then, looking to her now for the strength her presence had inexplicably brought him. "I say they betrayed me, but in all honesty that is just my bitterness crying out in hurt. I see truly that it was not ever their responsibility to uphold my image, but mine alone. I cannot blame my misfortune on those who had to survive without me, but I thought it meant it was my time to purge the world of an anchorless power." But...

I am not ready to die.

Nor am I,
she returned the sentiment. There is too much left to do in this life.

"Undoubtedly," he rumbled back, marveling at her. "You have rekindled me," he murmured openly, feeling moved to the point that his tail began to wag. "Broken, does not fit me in this moment, with you, and it shall never fit me again," he vowed, but there was something more there too, something unspoken and lost deep in the rooted stoicism of his face:

I need you.
if sins were etched into the surface of bones,
i’d need another skeleton to record all my wrongs
Messages In This Thread
Who called me by my name and ran - by Saēna - October 02, 2016, 07:42 PM
RE: Who called me by my name and ran - by Warbone - October 02, 2016, 08:09 PM
RE: Who called me by my name and ran - by Saēna - October 04, 2016, 08:21 AM
RE: Who called me by my name and ran - by Warbone - October 04, 2016, 10:13 AM
RE: Who called me by my name and ran - by Saēna - October 05, 2016, 04:27 PM
RE: Who called me by my name and ran - by Warbone - October 05, 2016, 09:00 PM
RE: Who called me by my name and ran - by Saēna - October 06, 2016, 10:16 AM
RE: Who called me by my name and ran - by Warbone - October 06, 2016, 02:37 PM