Ravensblood Forest can the chosen one smoke?
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
[table width=85%][tr][td]
Blind? Blind, he affirmed to himself. She had definitely stated that she was blind. Upon closer examination Arturo took note of the milky film that covered her eyes and his lip lifted slightly as he contemplated that. How did she live? She didn't look particularly starved. Part of Arturo wanted to ask her if it was contagious — her blindness — but refrained because it would have been a rude question. The one question he would ask, however, was how she possibly felt that she could be of any use to Teaghlaigh if she was blind. If she could not hunt and patrol the borders? Boadicea would have snatched her up right then and there, called her a fáidh — a Mystic and declared her the pack's soothsayer; but Arturo had always been skeptical of such fantasies and he did not bear his mother's talent for extraordinary trust (Lotte not included).

Yet, Arturo heard her out, contemplating his questions and how to best pose them as politely as the he could muster. “I understand your situation, but can you hunt? Could you make small contributions to the food caches? Would you be able to patrol borders? To at least intercept wolves and add your scent to the borders?” The gangster inquired, laying out what he expected out of his wolves. Out of everything those were his biggest concerns. It was not a 'no' — but it was not yet a 'yes' either. “Your skills are your own to pursue and choose but I have to know that you can contribute to Teaghlaigh as they will contribute to you.” The Family looked out for it's own but that was a give and take. The fair share of contribution had to be met on both sides, equally. It was the only way to try to strike a balance and keep the masses content. He intended to approach her situation subjectively, openly and diplomatically — for he was an ambassador, after all — but also unwilling to bend on what he expected at the same time.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
can the chosen one smoke? - by Arturo - October 09, 2016, 03:54 PM
RE: can the chosen one smoke? - by Estelle - October 09, 2016, 04:03 PM
RE: can the chosen one smoke? - by Arturo - October 10, 2016, 03:02 PM
RE: can the chosen one smoke? - by Estelle - October 10, 2016, 11:02 PM
RE: can the chosen one smoke? - by Arturo - October 11, 2016, 03:02 PM
RE: can the chosen one smoke? - by Estelle - October 11, 2016, 06:37 PM
RE: can the chosen one smoke? - by Arturo - October 12, 2016, 01:42 PM