Ravensblood Forest i asked the coppers on our payroll
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
[table width=85%][tr][td]
Arturo respectfully gave one of his newer saighdiúir's his rapt attention as she responded to his inquiry, speaking of her passions. She spoke of her connection to the earth, of her ability to understand it. Knowledge that, while he thought was better left to those who claimed themselves to be part fae (thus he was not one of them) he understood that it would be useful to have at his disposal. A creature that understood the earth's cycles and her mood, it was invaluable in it's own way. She spoke like the sprites his mother kept at her sides at all times, young girls with the “gift”. Except Olive was no young, giggling child. Boadecia might have been a warrior queen but she had been extremely in-tune with all the fanciful stuff that Arturo found himself scoffing at as a young man. He was not a believer of fairy-tales. Yet, he believed that some creatures were better at understanding the earth than himself. He knew the cycles, he knew how to tell when a storm gathered on the horizon, but these were all obvious things. Perhaps it was in the way Olive spoke of her talents but despite himself he found that he was ...fascinated.

“Of course,” He responded when she spoke of her desire to hone her skills. “I know of a young queen you might get along with,” Something in Olive reminded him briefly of Deirdre. He thought the two might get on well, perhaps even they could impart knowledge upon one another. “Perhaps —,” He drew thoughtfully. “— perhaps I can introduce you to her sometime.” Admittedly, his only desire to visit Donnelaith thus far had been to visit the beautiful and memorizing Lotte but this was an intriguing twist. Of course, he had to seek Deirdre out anyway to tell her the consensus of The Family regarding their proposed alliance but this was different.

“No, no,” Arturo breathed in protest when she gave herself little credit. “You're doing fine.” Ceannasach assured her. “With your natural affinity for understanding nature some might believe you to be half Fae, where I come from,” He admitted to her. “My mother would have called you fáidh — prophet in my native tongue, especially if you learned to read the stars.” His mother adored talents such as her's. “Every skill, every talent is useful and it is obvious you are passionate about your trades. I will do what little I can to help you achieve them.” It was the same offer he made to all of The Family. After all, it wasn't one for one. It was one for all and all for one. The stronger and more confident they were in themselves, the stronger they made Teaghlaigh as a whole.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 16, 2016, 06:01 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 16, 2016, 10:43 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 16, 2016, 11:56 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 16, 2016, 05:23 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 16, 2016, 06:19 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 19, 2016, 08:53 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 19, 2016, 01:31 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 21, 2016, 04:00 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 21, 2016, 04:33 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 25, 2016, 01:59 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 27, 2016, 01:55 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 28, 2016, 12:25 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 28, 2016, 02:23 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - November 01, 2016, 09:57 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - November 05, 2016, 05:09 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - November 08, 2016, 01:03 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - November 10, 2016, 01:31 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - November 12, 2016, 07:38 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - November 19, 2016, 04:51 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - November 21, 2016, 11:29 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - December 11, 2016, 05:29 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - December 11, 2016, 11:01 PM