Redhawk Caldera a shadow tilts its head at me
incautious red wrecking ball amwelles · amwelles
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Raven comforted her, and Fox allowed herself to feel vulnerable. Perhaps she would have reacted differently, had it not been for the hormones. Maybe she would have been her usual cold self, but this time was different. Her whole body ached for Peregrine (in more ways than one). She wanted him back to comfort her and tell her things would shake-out okay. But he wasn't here. He was gone, dead, buried. The widow managed to collect herself a bit, and Raven asked a question that didn't even take Fox a second to answer.

"Of course," Fox replied, pressing herself into Raven. "You have brothers here. Two of them." She didn't bother explaining why three of them weren't here. She could explain the specifics later. Fox still hadn't heard a peep from Jackrabbit, and while Ferret still seemed to be lingering somewhere nearby, Fox hadn't actually seen him since they'd chased him off. And Peter... poor Peter. Fox held back another sobbing fit, trying to compose herself.

"Let's get away from the borders," Fox suggested, "And I—you can clean my shoulder when we get to the rendezvous site." It was something she had always reserved for Peregrine, but Fox found comfort in Raven's presence. She was glad to have her daughter back, and there was so much more to tell her.
Pregnancy timeline (RHC members only)
Messages In This Thread
a shadow tilts its head at me - by Raven - October 27, 2016, 03:41 PM
RE: a shadow tilts its head at me - by RIP Fox - October 27, 2016, 05:22 PM
RE: a shadow tilts its head at me - by Raven - October 27, 2016, 05:29 PM
RE: a shadow tilts its head at me - by RIP Fox - October 27, 2016, 05:38 PM
RE: a shadow tilts its head at me - by Raven - October 27, 2016, 05:44 PM
RE: a shadow tilts its head at me - by RIP Fox - October 27, 2016, 05:55 PM
RE: a shadow tilts its head at me - by Raven - October 27, 2016, 06:00 PM
RE: a shadow tilts its head at me - by RIP Fox - October 28, 2016, 07:42 AM
RE: a shadow tilts its head at me - by Raven - October 28, 2016, 08:24 AM
RE: a shadow tilts its head at me - by RIP Fox - October 29, 2016, 03:43 PM