Ravensblood Forest in a cave on a failed bit of terraforming
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
[table width=85%][tr][td]
Arturo's lips curled back in a silent snarl that he did not give voice to, his burning gaze following the stranger's backwards prance until he bumped, literally, into a tree. The word dude elicited a cringe from the gangster. He was aware of it's meaning, knew that it was not meant to be insulting for while he had the vernacular of a bygone era his children ensured that he was up to date on the newest slang. Though not one of them would have ever dared to call him dude. In fact, this was the first time that Arturo could recall that he'd been called “dude” in the place of “sir”. “I'm not a dude,” He amended the younger male, his smoky, deep, accented voice beholding his quiet authority. “I'm a sir.” Because Arturo abruptly realized he abhorred the word “dude”.

“It will suffice,” Arturo responded with a curt nod to the younger man's question of if he found the distance satisfactory. “We did.” Arturo murmured in agreement to the stranger's bold declaration. The truth was: Ravensblood Forest was more than just a beautiful forest as which he settled his Family. It was well fortified, cradled betwixt two mountain ranges and it was close to Stavanger Bay which meant the Blackrock Depth wolves were just a quick jaunt away. Not to mention the legends that came from it's very heart that were spun to scare away the locals. To Arturo, it's tactical value was much more important than it's aesthetic value. Arturo studied the younger male for a moment, contemplative, face impassive as he drew his silent judgments. He lingered. Easily, the younger male could have made a bee line for the nearest exit out of Arturo's sight but he lingered. So, did he want something? Was he looking for an opportunity or did he truly just want to stare at the dark beauty of Ravensblood?

“This is Teaghlaigh. Translated to the common tongue it means The Family. So, is your interest to join us or stare at the scenery of our home?” The gangster inquired, a small hint of humor to the smoky reticence of his voice before it vanished as if it had never been.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
in a cave on a failed bit of terraforming - by RIP Nassim - November 02, 2016, 03:57 PM
RE: in a cave on a failed bit of terraforming - by Arturo - November 02, 2016, 04:16 PM
RE: in a cave on a failed bit of terraforming - by Arturo - November 02, 2016, 05:23 PM
RE: in a cave on a failed bit of terraforming - by Arturo - November 03, 2016, 12:33 PM
RE: in a cave on a failed bit of terraforming - by Arturo - November 04, 2016, 03:32 PM
RE: in a cave on a failed bit of terraforming - by Arturo - November 05, 2016, 05:45 AM