Ravensblood Forest in a cave on a failed bit of terraforming
11 Posts
Ooc —
Judging from the way the guy's face scrunched, and well, everything, Nassim had done something socially unacceptable, and he would have to remedy this. The correction was swift and matter-of-fact from the opposite beast, earning a mild gap-mawed stare, then a sharp nod of understanding; Nassim hadn't meant to offend at all. The guy didn't look old enough to be a sir to Nassim, but he wasn't exactly one to judge. 

And the more he listened, the more intrigued he became. Teaghlaigh. What a strange sounding word! It couldn't have been the common tongue - and Nassim wasn't versed in much besides the most common, banal things. His family was a beffudlement in and of itself, and aside from a few true northerners (who spoke with thick accents, and thus he made sure to avoid them), everyone was pretty similar to him. In other words, Nassim completely lacked culture, which made sense. Everyone was a dude to him. 

Join you? The concept seemed so foreign, more-so than the actual name of the place, and Nassim spoke with such a mystified tone that... Well, it could've been misconstrued as quite rude, like a subtle refusal. His eyes were wide one second and then, minding his manners, he smiled sheepishly and gave the dude -- sir -- a shrug. Honestly the trees caught my attention the most. And I have a family already. Its... Far away... And I'm all alone... But I have one. 

He seemed to be really good at saying the wrong thing every dang time.

But! I mean, if you need a hunter or something -- winter is coming after all. I could uh, stick around if you're in need. No problemo, sir. His dark tail raised and swayed with cautious optimism at his hocks, and Nassim wondered if anything he had just said made any sense; he felt a pang of longing for home at this point, but kept his stupid mouth shut so he could avoid alienating the nice man further.
Messages In This Thread
in a cave on a failed bit of terraforming - by RIP Nassim - November 02, 2016, 03:57 PM
RE: in a cave on a failed bit of terraforming - by Arturo - November 02, 2016, 04:16 PM
RE: in a cave on a failed bit of terraforming - by Arturo - November 02, 2016, 05:23 PM
RE: in a cave on a failed bit of terraforming - by RIP Nassim - November 03, 2016, 12:18 AM
RE: in a cave on a failed bit of terraforming - by Arturo - November 03, 2016, 12:33 PM
RE: in a cave on a failed bit of terraforming - by Arturo - November 04, 2016, 03:32 PM
RE: in a cave on a failed bit of terraforming - by Arturo - November 05, 2016, 05:45 AM