Whitefish River that man is not your maker
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Aww, thank you! I've always loved your writing, you always make it so concise and so detailed and involved at the same time, and my poor brain is always like HOW?!?!

It was so weird, being in another wolf's company after all this time. She had seen Kerberos not terribly long ago, but Kerberos wasn't a stranger. She had only briefly met with her leaders, something Jinx would likely need to rectify in the coming days — even if she was unsure how she'd fit into the pirate-themed pack, she knew avoiding her superiors wasn't the best way to go about proving herself to anyone — so they scarcely counted, either. Turquoise was the first wolf she'd shared conversation with that wasn't technically her wolf, as Kerberos was, in many moons, and she was uncertain how to proceed.

Luckily, the Blackthorn female was quick to carry the conversation herself, and Jinx found herself grateful for that. Fitting name, she pointed out, perhaps obviously, before tacking on the first polite thing she'd said so far: it's nice to meet you. I was beginning to wonder if maybe the crew was… Well, a ghost crew. But then again, Kerby wasn't a ghost, but when her only other "shipmate" in sight had been her former Mariner, then of course it would set her mind wandering.

She had been considering asking what a Gunner did, having no concept whatsoever of guns or shooting them and what they might signify, and even started with, What's a G- but Turq beat her to the punch and requested Surgeon knowledge, which sent a flutter of nerves through Jinx's tummy. It's like a Medic, I think, where I come from. I'm a Mambo where I'm from, so I know lots about what to do with plants, but… Never really used them to heal anyone before. Her lips quirked to the side as though she was a little ashamed of her inexperience with being a Medic, but it couldn't be too much different from being a Mambo; she just had to use her powers for good and not for evil, which was a tough concept.

I'm looking for a certain fern, she explained, throwing her gaze around her as though looking for an example but turning up empty-handed. I can't find any here though. The spores bestow the power of invisibility if you make them the core of an amulet… But they're also toxic. That probably wasn't a very comforting thing for a Surgeon to say, so Jinx quickly cleared her throat and tried to change the subject with, so what's a Gunner do, then? I've never heard of that rank before.
Messages In This Thread
that man is not your maker - by Jinx - August 28, 2013, 02:27 PM
RE: that man is not your maker - by Turquoise - August 29, 2013, 09:45 AM
RE: that man is not your maker - by Jinx - August 29, 2013, 02:02 PM
RE: that man is not your maker - by Turquoise - August 29, 2013, 02:09 PM
RE: that man is not your maker - by Jinx - August 29, 2013, 06:16 PM
RE: that man is not your maker - by Turquoise - September 06, 2013, 09:34 AM
RE: that man is not your maker - by Jinx - September 09, 2013, 08:33 PM
RE: that man is not your maker - by Turquoise - September 16, 2013, 10:54 AM
RE: that man is not your maker - by Jinx - October 03, 2013, 04:55 PM
RE: that man is not your maker - by Turquoise - October 17, 2013, 10:56 AM