Northstar Vale Sat down at the piano and played some of your songs
The Laugher
197 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
He'd been somewhat surprised to find that Saena was a woman. He supposed, now, that it'd been silly to think otherwise - Warbone had called her his equal, and Dag had thought of his brothers and assumed that the alpha ruled alongside one of his own. There was no rhyme or reason to his thoughts, really, but nevertheless, he'd been surprised when Saena had been introduced.

She was not what he'd expected. Not in any way.

From the bushes, he glanced in her direction, though is focus was mainly on the deer they stalked. The feirce form of her was something that often drew Dag's eye. Everything from her bobbed tail to her painted eyes seemed strange and otherwordly - even her demeanor had him reeling, for she was not like any wolf he'd ever met. All in all, Dag supposed she reminded him most of his mother, for they shared the same strength and tenacity - but it was not a parallel that'd been easy to draw. Saena was her own wolf, and Dag understood why Warbone had warned him to respect her above all others.

Creeping through the undergrowth, the dark male allowed such thoughts to drift away. His eyes zeroed in on the prey that they hunted, but even so, he was aware of the First Wolf's position. In tandem, they drew nearer and nearer to the doe - the knowledge that this land was theirs made them silent and invisible to the other creatures.

For Dag, that would change as soon as he left the protection of the underbrush. His dark coat would make him easy to spot against the crisp, white now. Saena would have the advantage, then - Dag would draw their eyes for the few and perilous seconds the First Female needed to make the first attack, and by then, Dag would be on them, too.

The glitter of Saena's eyes seemed to meet his own, and sensing that this had been the signal, Dag sprang silently from the brush and traveled quickly over the few yards that separated himself from their target. With a muffled whumph, he met the doe's flesh open-jawed and latched on to the meatiest part of her foreleg, pulling hard.

Hope this is okay. I kind of suck at hunting posts/threads. Let me know if I should change anything
Messages In This Thread
RE: Sat down at the piano and played some of your songs - by Dagfinn - November 17, 2016, 08:01 PM