Ravensblood Forest I'm taking full control this time
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
[table width=85%][tr][td]
Simultaneously, he was both overcome with relief that had returned to him alive and well, and upset that she had thought it okay to take a detour. Again, Arturo reminded himself that she didn't know about Furiosa. That right now she was in the dark and on the receiving end of the storm of his emotions as they surged through him: all hot ire and freezing relief and choking grief. He pushed himself towards her with the intent of pressing his muzzle to her cheek, to embrace her to ensure himself that she was, indeed truly with him. “You should have returned straight home, Chusi,” He chided her. She was his Heir after all and she had duties that he expected her to perform and fulfill. He'd told her the sacrifice of leading and if she found it stifling then she could give up her title. He wasn't going to stop her but he wasn't going to allow her to shrug off what he expected and what Teaghlaigh would expect of a future leader, either. Regardless of if Furiosa would not have turned up murdered or not he would not have approved of her wandering without returning home first, especially when he was expecting her back.

“Chusi,” Her name left his lips on a draw of a breath, the muscles in his cheeks working as he ground his teeth for a moment. “Furiosa has been murdered on Teaghlaigh's borders.” Meaning that not even his religiously patrolled borders were safe, which only made the mystery an even bigger crux. Surely, if they were being watched someone would have made note long before Furiosa's murder. “No one knows who did it or why. I do not know if it was personal for her or if it was an act of war I —” Arturo struggled for a moment. “when you did not return home I feared that I would find you next upon my borders, bled to death by your throat.” He took a small gasp of air, feeling as if invisible jaws had seized him around his jugular and had began to squeeze. “No one is to leave Teaghlaigh unless I order it or I have given permission for it, do you understand? Patrols have tightened and are to be ran in pairs,” He gave pause, salmon pink tongue drawing across his jowls. “This will not be forever but I must do what I can to ensure the safety of this Family. Outsiders of the Family are to be treated with hostility.” He spoke so that she understood the severity of the situation at hand because the very last thing he needed was her getting a stubborn, teenager streak and disobeying him because he'd tightened his (now iron) grip on the Family. Everyone not of Teaghlaigh was a suspect, for the time being.

Something else desired to be free of his lips, but for a moment it stuck in his throat. He swallowed harshly, ears slicking back to rest at half mast atop his skull. His worry for Chusi was not a lone one and he found that he worried over his scarfed nightingale just as equally. Thus, Arturo could not help himself. “Lotte...did you speak with her? Is she well? Is she safe?” Of course he had no way of knowing for sure unless he went to her himself for he doubted anyone in Donnelaith would seek him out to tell him otherwise. Perhaps the safest place for Lotte was in Donnelaith but the place he wanted her the very most was with him, admittedly.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
I'm taking full control this time - by Chusi - December 11, 2016, 11:16 AM
RE: I'm taking full control this time - by Arturo - December 12, 2016, 03:10 PM
RE: I'm taking full control this time - by Chusi - December 12, 2016, 03:39 PM
RE: I'm taking full control this time - by Arturo - December 13, 2016, 06:24 PM
RE: I'm taking full control this time - by Chusi - December 16, 2016, 02:16 PM
RE: I'm taking full control this time - by Arturo - December 17, 2016, 05:24 AM
RE: I'm taking full control this time - by Chusi - December 19, 2016, 03:41 PM