Stone Circle I know in time we'll find this was no surprise
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He didn't just hear her words, he listened to them. The weight he was putting on his shoulders to be like his brother was obviously his own doing, and no one else's. His worried expression softened a bit when she came to his defense, having an argument for every concern that he had. He realized the only wolf putting all this pressure on him was himself. He made a move, then second-guessed it nearly every time. But, he was Alpha, and a good one, as Valette pointed out. Mirabelle had taken their daughter without permission, without a word, and so she had received a punishment. Had it been rather harsh? Maybe. But, Steady was fiercely protective of the pups, and Mirabelle had not yet proven herself here. 

He gave Valette a soft smile. I'm very lucky to have you on my side, he said easily. When he doubted himself, she was there to make him realize that his initial instinct was right. He stood, I'd like to go home now, he said, before pausing. Though, I think it might be better if I slept outside, at least for tonight, until Keoni is alright. He didn't want to upset her further while she was still sick. 
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Messages In This Thread
I know in time we'll find this was no surprise - by Steady - November 27, 2016, 11:44 AM
RE: I know in time we'll find this was no surprise - by Steady - December 25, 2016, 09:59 PM