Ravensblood Forest I'm taking full control this time
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
[table width=85%][tr][td]
As insightful and curious as ever Chusi’s next question was a weighted one and not one that Arturo necessarily had an answer to. How did he learn to lead? The gangster was quiet for a long moment, debating. Easily, he could have claimed that he learned from the example of his mother but the warrior queen of Quicksilver Hollow’s leading style was so very different from Arturo’s own. She had nurtured the gang mentality he had developed young in his life and from there it had …sort of happened. Though the exact moment he had earned the respect of the Hollow wolves had been when he’d taken the life of one of his aggressors through his childhood. “I suppose I took examples from my mother, but my leading style is my own and her influence in it is very little.” He admitted, salmon pink tongue drawing across his jowls. “I guess it is something that comes natural to me. I do not know what about me inspires others to follow me, but there is something.” He was charismatic but he was also know for his ability to manipulate. He preferred his followers to be there of their own free will but he was not afraid to manipulate outsiders to conforming to his offered deal. “It wasn’t always like that. My father is pure coyote and my mother pure wolf. The wolves of Quicksilver Hollow would have killed me where I suckled at my mother’s breast if she would have let them. Short of killing me she never intervene and until I killed one of my aggressors they made my life a living hell.” Yet, it made him stronger for it. Despite his belief in that, he deigned to spoil and protect his children likely because his mother had never truly protected him. Arturo did not want his children to suffer the same oppression and bullying that he had endured.

Arturo’s lips were terse as Chusi defended this Ingram and how he treated her like dirt. Arturo didn’t like it and he wasn’t sure how to make her see that it wasn’t healthy for her to allow it (in Arturo’s opinion). “Chusi,” Arturo began, drawing in a deep breath and letting it out in a soft, heavy exhale. “Regardless of who he is or who I am: you are a gift, do you understand me? You are precious and you should be treated with nothing short of the utmost respect and love. Letting him treat you like shit beneath his paws isn’t healthy and you shouldn’t let him do it. If he doesn’t respect you now: I doubt he ever will. You deserve to be treated like the princess that you are, do you understand? Regardless of if he or anyone else is like me or not you do not let others treat you like you are beneath them or unworthy of their time.” Perhaps Chusi should have never mentioned that Ingram treated her like dirt. In fact: she shouldn’t have. Arturo already didn’t like him for that fact alone, regardless of how big of heart’s her eyes had become as she spoke of him.

“Calling her your big sister implies that she is my daughter,” As it was, Lotte was about the age of his eldest children and though that was of no real consequence to Arturo (for age was but a number and all that jazz) he did not want Chusi running around giving others the wrong impression. “and it is unnatural to take your children as your mate and create life with them.” Oh, yes that was probably the most awkward thing he’d ever said in his life. He certainly felt awkward and the mere idea of incest created a shiver of repulsion down the Fearghal’s spine. “It’s not something that you would ever do or want to do. Others do not know of your adoption. As it is you could easily pass as my biological daughter and though Lotte could not... still, perhaps there is another nickname you could give her if you are not comfortable calling her mother.” Arturo offered her as a suggestion.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
I'm taking full control this time - by Chusi - December 11, 2016, 11:16 AM
RE: I'm taking full control this time - by Arturo - December 12, 2016, 03:10 PM
RE: I'm taking full control this time - by Chusi - December 12, 2016, 03:39 PM
RE: I'm taking full control this time - by Arturo - December 13, 2016, 06:24 PM
RE: I'm taking full control this time - by Chusi - December 16, 2016, 02:16 PM
RE: I'm taking full control this time - by Arturo - December 17, 2016, 05:24 AM
RE: I'm taking full control this time - by Chusi - December 19, 2016, 03:41 PM