Stone Circle can't fight this feeling
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Keoni guessed right at the female he was describing and he nodded his head to confirm that was, indeed, Althaia. His heart broke for her. He wanted desperately to spare her from all this, but he didn't think it right to lie to her. Maybe he could have put it off for a while, but the opportunity seemed to be here. Plus, he wanted her to know that the wolf that has trespassed, that might have been a threat to her life, would no longer be a concern.

She was quiet for the rest of his story, and he feared she might turn against him, as Odette had. Steady didn't feel like a monster. He felt like a father protecting his daughter; an Alpha protecting his pack. What was so wrong about that? It wasn't like he just randomly killed other wolves for the pleasure of it. And it wasn't a cannibal by choice, either. Zaria had been a necessity. The intruder.... Okay, maybe there was a bit of pleasure in that. 

When his story was complete, Keoni uttered only one word and then went quiet. Steady went still, afraid to move, afraid she would come out of her trance, afraid she would get up and run out of his life. He finally breathed when she buried her face into his shoulder. Steady turned his head to hug her. I'm so sorry, honey, he said softly.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Messages In This Thread
can't fight this feeling - by Keoni - January 18, 2017, 07:45 PM
RE: can't fight this feeling - by Steady - January 18, 2017, 10:58 PM
RE: can't fight this feeling - by Keoni - January 21, 2017, 11:29 AM
RE: can't fight this feeling - by Steady - January 21, 2017, 11:27 PM
RE: can't fight this feeling - by Keoni - January 22, 2017, 03:34 PM
RE: can't fight this feeling - by Steady - January 22, 2017, 03:52 PM
RE: can't fight this feeling - by Keoni - January 22, 2017, 04:10 PM
RE: can't fight this feeling - by Steady - January 22, 2017, 04:29 PM
RE: can't fight this feeling - by Keoni - January 22, 2017, 09:56 PM
RE: can't fight this feeling - by Steady - January 23, 2017, 12:10 AM
RE: can't fight this feeling - by Keoni - January 25, 2017, 07:24 PM