Stone Circle cold return
27 Posts
Ooc — Jem
The horizon had felt like it would stretch on, flat and white and cold, forever, of late. No matter which way Selkie turned there was the whiteness of ice and snow, the bite of the wind against her cheeks and ears. But over that flat horizon came a figure as dark as the snow was white. His head and tail were held high, but Selkie didn’t need to look at them to know his rank in Easthollow - his scent was strong enough on the borders.

Her own ears fell back, her tail sweeping into a wag before she reminded herself that she shouldn’t get her hopes up. Her stance drooped, her muzzle lowering and her leafy eyes wandering over countless crystals of snow. Steady remembered her name, at least, and she of course remembered his, though there hadn’t been a great deal of interaction between them. And that was Selkie’s fault.

“I’m here – I’m back – lookin’ for forgiveness.” A short sigh left her and her eyes squeezed shut for a moment. “Never shoulda left Easthollow. Went lookin’ for Rickon, but I didn’t find ‘im.” A frown cast soft green eyes into shadow momentarily as she tried to order her thoughts, and her voice turned self-deprecating. “Figured I was too old to be runnin’ off after a guy like some googly-eyed yearling, but I guess I figured that out too late. I know times ain't the easiest, but I'll pull my weight, if ya'll have me.”

She didn't see Grayday hovering nearby. If she had, she might have felt still more foolish.
Messages In This Thread
cold return - by Selkie - January 22, 2017, 05:09 PM
RE: cold return - by Steady - January 22, 2017, 05:18 PM
RE: cold return - by Grayday Sr. - January 22, 2017, 05:31 PM
RE: cold return - by Selkie - January 23, 2017, 06:48 AM
RE: cold return - by Steady - January 23, 2017, 09:57 PM
RE: cold return - by Selkie - January 24, 2017, 06:29 AM
RE: cold return - by Steady - January 26, 2017, 09:13 AM