Moonsong Glacier she’s long gone with her red shoes on
hämähäkki, muodonmuuttaja, satakieli
310 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Bard
Rogue
“You’re not sick, you’re in heat!”

Lotte froze. “A’rrmm?” she asked the snowdrift that she was presently drowning herself in. She jerked backward to free herself, popping out of the hole with snow capping her head and the bridge of her muzzle. “I am?” she repeated, this time to her exasperated twin. The knowledge was sobering and put a temporary damper on the billowing flutter in her loins. Comprehension melted the frantic fear from the tautness of her carriage and the ice of her argent eyes; she loped easily over the snow toward her littermate and then paused, trying not to notice how attractive he now seemed to her. Fortunately, mention of the fire stilled the fluttering entirely. In its place was a weight that pressed so heavily upon the singed songbird that she sank roughly to the snow and curled her body around her brother — whatever part of him she could readily reach.

There was a huskiness to her lilting alto as she admitted in a small voice, “It was terrible,” closing her eyes tightly in a physical manifestation of her desire to banish the memory of the flames from her mind’s eye. “The screaming — and I never found Deirdre. I was lucky to make it to Teaghlaigh.”

She spared Dagfinn the gorier details, glossing over the past few weeks with a simple: “I was hurt, but I am not now. The fire died first.” She meant to sound triumphant, but her flippant tone fell flat at the end and her smile quivered feebly at the corners. “I am so happy to see you,” she said fiercely.
Messages In This Thread
she’s long gone with her red shoes on - by Lotte - February 03, 2017, 10:28 AM
RE: she’s long gone with her red shoes on - by Dagfinn - February 05, 2017, 01:22 AM
RE: she’s long gone with her red shoes on - by Lotte - February 05, 2017, 10:43 AM
RE: she’s long gone with her red shoes on - by Dagfinn - February 06, 2017, 10:53 PM
RE: she’s long gone with her red shoes on - by Lotte - February 10, 2017, 06:36 AM
RE: she’s long gone with her red shoes on - by Dagfinn - February 11, 2017, 12:04 AM
RE: she’s long gone with her red shoes on - by Lotte - February 11, 2017, 10:38 PM
RE: she’s long gone with her red shoes on - by Dagfinn - February 12, 2017, 06:58 PM
RE: she’s long gone with her red shoes on - by Lotte - February 16, 2017, 06:35 AM