Moonsong Glacier she’s long gone with her red shoes on
The Laugher
197 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
She saved him from the gorier details, but even this, he did not want to hear. "Come here," he said sharply, commandingly. (Perhaps the scent of her affected him more than he knew.) Though she was already as near as she could be, Dagfinn tried his best to gather her more to him, bringing her into the protective circle of his body. Everything in him rebelled against the thought of his kaksonen in such mortal danger, and even now, he could hear something thin and rough in her voice. She was out of danger, but he still felt the echoes of her fear and pain.

"I am glad to see you as well," he said thickly, the weight of his worries making him more curt than he would normally be with her. And, alive - the word haunted the end of his statement, and though he did not speak it, he was certain she could hear the melodramatacisim weighting his words. "Even though you stink."

The words fell a little flat, because she didn't stink, she smelled like heaven - but that didn't bear saying, either. Dagfinn shut his mouth and tried to take shallower breaths, forcing himself to think of how they used to wrestle with Laerke to help center himself. "Duskvale has fallen, so don't look for me there. Saena is gone - and they all left, after her. But I found a new pack, and we're doing well for ourselves," he explained. "Although, I might not go back, knowing I might soon have little nephews on the way."

There was a familiar teasing note to his tone, but a question, also. What will you do? he wondered, knowing now that she was staying with Ar-tur-o - but that she was absent from him, in her fertile days. Too, he thought of Reek and Jhala, and of Laurel, strangely. And he knew that he would go back, but that it would be a short check-in before he returned to Lotte's side. She needs me, he thought. But maybe he needed her.
Messages In This Thread
she’s long gone with her red shoes on - by Lotte - February 03, 2017, 10:28 AM
RE: she’s long gone with her red shoes on - by Dagfinn - February 05, 2017, 01:22 AM
RE: she’s long gone with her red shoes on - by Lotte - February 05, 2017, 10:43 AM
RE: she’s long gone with her red shoes on - by Dagfinn - February 06, 2017, 10:53 PM
RE: she’s long gone with her red shoes on - by Lotte - February 10, 2017, 06:36 AM
RE: she’s long gone with her red shoes on - by Dagfinn - February 11, 2017, 12:04 AM
RE: she’s long gone with her red shoes on - by Lotte - February 11, 2017, 10:38 PM
RE: she’s long gone with her red shoes on - by Dagfinn - February 12, 2017, 06:58 PM
RE: she’s long gone with her red shoes on - by Lotte - February 16, 2017, 06:35 AM